Home

NFL 2K13 Comes One Step Closer to Reality with Take Two Sales

This is a discussion on NFL 2K13 Comes One Step Closer to Reality with Take Two Sales within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2010, 12:22 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NFL 2K13 Comes One Step Closer to Reality with Take Two Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn_razzamataz
If they both fork up enough money I can't see why the NFL wouldn't give a license to EA and Take-Two. The NFL gave exclusivity to EA because they put up a ton of cash, right? What if each of them put up the same amount? I can't see how it would make business sense NOT to give the rights to whoever wants it as long as they put up the cash.

Unlikely, I know, but hey...a fella can dream, right?
Companies will not give up that kind of money if it's not exclusive. The whole reason for a company wanting to buy the license is to eliminate competition and secure all NFL football game sales. It wouldn't be economical for either company to give up that kind of cash and only come away with 60% of the market share.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:18 AM   #18
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by achain
Sad but probably true.
Why is it sad? Red Dead Redemption is an amazing game. I just hit 100% on single player. Loved every minute of it. Finishing up achievements, then doing some serious MultiPlayer. I love Red Dead Redemption more than GTA. The world is beautiful. I'm still in awe of the sky, sun, clouds, stars, landscape, just everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Is there any DLC available yet because those redeem codes for the outfit/soundtrack, golden guns and the war horse are going for insane prices on ebay. Its nuts.
Nope. Supposed to be some in June, for MultiPlayer, and best of all, it's free! I'm sure they have some stuff lined up though. I noticed the Stars on the horse deeds only go to 3, and it looks like they could easily fit 5 on there. And you know they'll add more guns/weapons, characters, outfits, though multiplayer has a ton to choose from in those categories.

Last edited by Valdarez; 05-24-2010 at 04:20 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:37 AM   #19
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

I'm a fan of the series as much as the next man. But why is it, every Football season since 2k5 fallen demise. Do you guys open a new thread every year, about hopes of a new NFL 2k game.

Guys give it a rest! Every year there will be another rumor, or another bogus site, with false hopes. I mean come on, it's sadly enough a bunch of us still update 2k5 to get a certain itch or fix for 2k football. But to keep coming up with more threads of NFL 2k10, 2k11, 2k12, and now 2k13....I mean really 2 years from now. I assure you we would have moved to a new console, and unless Visual Concepts personally announces getting the football team back together for any type of football game, generic, NFL or whatever...

Let's stop living in fantasy land. I thought we were a lot more mature and adults in this forum.

Lastly, remember the license belongs to one company, and I can assure you the NFL will spread that license around, after their exclusive is done. In that time, EA, 2k, Sony, and the BB guys will all have rights to create one, hopefully even M$ will work on another Fever game, who knows...again those are thoughts of mind. No different than the link in the original post.

Blame all of us for the demise of 2k series, they made 2k5 cheap for us and for them to get their name larger. We all loss!

They made APF 2k8, it sold like crap, mainly due to poor marketing and lack of customization. Again we loss....They tried and failed again....

Until the license is officially announced by Roger C, himself. Let's all rest easier and focus on the games we due have to enjoy this next season.

Just my 2 pennies...

Last edited by Behindshadows; 05-24-2010 at 06:04 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:41 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

fully agree with customization if no license!!!

that would be sweet!
Old 05-24-2010, 09:39 AM   #21
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25

Personally I think they should just concentrate on the college License. The NFL will come sooner or later. The college deal ends after this season. With the Cancellation of the basketball series, T2 could make a serious run @ the college game. I want the licenses to go to everybody again, so people can see the talent of all developers. Imagine 2k, ea, and 505 sports all with Licensed products of the college game... it would make innovation sick, Madden would have to improve dramatically to get the consumers money, because we will be playing college sports until The NFL would give equal licensing to all bidders. No more instant buy for madden because they are the only game in town. 2k+ Ncaa= sales+ Happy gamers and Future consideration from the NFL to drop the exclusive rights.
MLB:PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
NCAAFB:PENN ST (Jerry's Gone PSU Moves on)
NCAABB:KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2010, 05:28 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ea and all other exclusive could be done if American Needle wins this case
http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2010/05/24/...t-against-nfl/
Old 05-24-2010, 05:31 PM   #23
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome24
Ea and all other exclusive could be done if American Needle wins this case
http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2010/05/24/...t-against-nfl/
That means nothing! Another case that has nothing to due with video games.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:45 PM   #24
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
That means nothing! Another case that has nothing to due with video games.
Not necessarily, it sets up the precedent for 2K to go out and license all 32 teams individually. They could put out an All Pro Football game, but without any of the NFL brands on it. I still don't think they should go that route however. A customizable college football game would be better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »