Home

NFL 2K13 Comes One Step Closer to Reality with Take Two Sales

This is a discussion on NFL 2K13 Comes One Step Closer to Reality with Take Two Sales within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2010, 05:51 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 46
Re: NFL 2K13 Comes One Step Closer to Reality with Take Two Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Not necessarily, it sets up the precedent for 2K to go out and license all 32 teams individually. They could put out an All Pro Football game, but without any of the NFL brands on it. I still don't think they should go that route however. A customizable college football game would be better.
since they will probably win it sounds like it will be a big mess with individual team licensing so I really don't know what will happen to video gaming
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2010, 05:56 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
That means nothing! Another case that has nothing to due with video games.
Ea (a video game company) has an exclusive liscense with the nfl so, it includes video games.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:05 PM   #27
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome24
Ea (a video game company) has an exclusive liscense with the nfl so, it includes video games.
No video game company, especially 2k with their financial woah's! Is going to bother getting a lawyer and trying to fight this....They have enough issues with trying to get money from Take-Two for new graphics software / hardware and other things.

This would be a case to never happen, I wish people would just give up all this false hopes of fighting the NFL and EA for this license. Until that contract has expired. Nothing will change and no news on what will happen next will come about.

Just another article of pointless info, giving gamers false hope. Right around the time NCAA Football and Madden are trying to market their games....it's been rinse and repeated, same news, agenda's etc...for the last 5 years plus.

I'm just saying it's getting old! I'm sorry it's gotten old. Why is everyone really wanting to even make this into discussion or fuss. Nothing is going to change, until the license itself expires on it's own!!!!
Old 05-24-2010, 06:07 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 27

American Needle's action in Supreme Court is a good step forward. I doubt the lower courts will have much of a different opinion on the matter, and because of the action that just took place in the Supreme Court, it means other companies with the same gripe will be taken seriously now.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...g-past-16.html

As for worries about individual licensing with NFL teams... 2K licensed 240 or so retired NFL players, individually, and they had to convince a lot of guys who didn't even care or know how a video game worked (check out Chuck Bednarik's story about APF, it's kinda funny). At least in the case of the NFL teams, they'll be doing business directly with licensing pros who understand the business and are always eager to find ways to diversify licensing income. Once they see other teams jump in, the rest will probably fall in like domino's. We just have to wait and see, but I'm optimistic about the possibilities at least.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 05-24-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:15 PM   #29
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
American Needle's action in Supreme Court is a good step forward. I doubt the lower courts will have much of a different opinion on the matter, and because of the action that just took place in the Supreme Court, it means other companies with the same gripe will be taken seriously now.

As for worries about individual licensing with NFL teams... 2K licensed 240 or so retired NFL players, individually, and they had to convince a lot of guys who didn't even care or know how a video game worked (check out Chuck Bednarik's story about APF, it's kinda funny). At least in the case of the NFL teams, they'll be doing business directly with licensing pros who understand the business and are always eager to find ways to diversify licensing income. Once they see other teams jump in, the rest will probably fall in like domino's. We just have to wait and see, but I'm optimistic about the possibilities at least.

Great post! I just hope that individually breaking them out like that, won't cause bigger issues in the long run....
Old 05-24-2010, 06:23 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...g-past-16.html

do you have a link for the Bednarik thing?
Old 05-24-2010, 06:38 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidersbball20
do you have a link for the Bednarik thing?
Not off-hand, sorry. I can't remember where I read it exactly, either it was a physical game mag or an online game mag, but it was a story sometime before the game was released. The thick of it was, when they told Bednarik they wanted him to be a player in the game, he didn't understand how it works with polygons and all, so he asked if he was going to have to physically be there and suit up to play.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 05-24-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2010, 06:46 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Not off-hand, sorry. I can't remember where I read it exactly, either it was a physical game mag or an online game mag, but it was a story sometime before the game was released. The thick of it was, when they told Bednarik they wanted him to be a player in the game, he didn't understand how it works with polygons and all, so he asked if he was going to have to physically be there and suit up to play.
ha ha, I guess a guy that old probably wouldn't really understand how games work

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »