Home

Old 07-20-2003, 07:28 PM   #9
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Explain this crib mode to me...

yeah I read more...it was my bad...just sick of the arguing is all..that's why I'm tryin to leave this forum
Old 07-20-2003, 07:36 PM   #10
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Don't take it personal, we've all made comments that came back to bite us . I just thought the idea of wwharton being called a Maddenite was really funny. I hope you don't give up on the forum, I've found most of your posts interesting. Just chalk it up to experience and move on.
Old 07-20-2003, 07:44 PM   #11
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

MMan said:
wwharton after reading several of your posts it seems you are clearly a madden boy

Well, Looks like they've got a Madden Boy for an Admin at NFL2kx.com. a Traitor!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2003, 09:09 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:

MMan said:
yeah I read more...it was my bad...just sick of the arguing is all..that's why I'm tryin to leave this forum

Well, I can't fault you there.

In truth, I was all set to write, "I could have told you that he was from just one post," but then I decided to look at some old posts to verify.

It's like there's an automatic trigger in everyone's head when someone writes something comparing the two games. The actions of the many fools shatter the good intentions of the few.
Old 07-20-2003, 09:54 PM   #13
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Ha ha, it's all good MM. After re-reading what I wrote I can see how it can be taken a couple of different ways depending on the mood you're in. Let me try again.

It seems the reason he's so curious about the Crib (not Crib mode but the crib) is it's been compared continuously with Owners Mode. It seems to him like a place to view user stats and maybe do a couple of extra fluff things which all looks really cool but in no way were put in the game to take the series to the next level. I'm really looking forward to the Crib b/c I'm a stats freak but whether this game or any game had or didn't have the crib wouldn't matter to my spending my money.

On the other hand Owners Mode is a mode that is being added to attract gamers and it will.

My beef is the idea to compare this two features. I mean we're all sick of the comparisons as it is but if you're going to do it compare the impact of Owners Mode to FPF. And stop saying this was some big secret that VC was withholding to "spring" on us. VC has yet to officially announce The Crib. We learned of it from beta-7 and the beta gamers that got games from him. For all we know, the crib may have never been advertised. We may have just stumbled on it after we got the game. THE big secret was FPF and if it's done well the claim of it being revolutionary is legit.

Sorry for the rant, but all that's been pinned up any me reading all these threads. Anyway, I feel your frustration MM and I did bring up Madden in a thread where it wasn't introduced but I honestly think that's why he was so curious about the Crib being more than he thought it was.
Old 07-20-2003, 10:40 PM   #14
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

The only reason he started this thread was to talk about how bad the crib is (which it isn't) and talk about how great owners mode is.
Old 07-21-2003, 06:06 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 10

"The Crib" is just a expanded user file. Nothing more nothing less. I'd rather deck my crib with trophies then get a bunch of useless player cards like in other football games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2003, 08:00 AM   #16
MVP

SC3BBall's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

The only reason he started this thread was to talk about how bad the crib is (which it isn't) and talk about how great owners mode is.

Are you an idiot...?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »