Home

Old 07-20-2003, 09:48 AM   #1
MVP

SC3BBall's Arena

OVR: 10
Explain this crib mode to me...

From what I see, Crib Mode is just a place that keeps accomplishments, records and stats, but they put it in a house?

Is that all? And there are some little games in it like Air Hockey?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2003, 10:30 AM   #2
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Explain this crib mode to me...

umm nobody has replied because it's been talked about man... check out our beta thread that's like 15 pages long and some pics here at
http://personal.cmich.edu/~ovsen1mc/nfl2k4.html

Old 07-20-2003, 10:34 AM   #3
MVP

SC3BBall's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah, I saw those pics...and it doesn't really look that special
Old 07-20-2003, 02:23 PM   #4
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

the point is it's not...it's pretty much what you understand it to be. die hard stats fans will love all the things that are tracked and people that like extras will like playing games to get a big screen tv but it's not that special. this is why it's so crazy to compare it to anything really, let alone an Owners Mode that may be the sole reason some people are buying Madden. Sorry for bringing up Madden but I'm assuming that's why you ask b/c of all the talk about this new special mode that competes with Madden's Owner Mode. Not even close. It's a great addition to the game but nothing more than an extra.
Old 07-20-2003, 02:34 PM   #5
The Broski

MMan's Arena

Quote:

wwharton said:
the point is it's not...it's pretty much what you understand it to be. die hard stats fans will love all the things that are tracked and people that like extras will like playing games to get a big screen tv but it's not that special. this is why it's so crazy to compare it to anything really, let alone an Owners Mode that may be the sole reason some people are buying Madden. Sorry for bringing up Madden but I'm assuming that's why you ask b/c of all the talk about this new special mode that competes with Madden's Owner Mode. Not even close. It's a great addition to the game but nothing more than an extra.

It wasn't implemented to go against owner mode. Owner mode is nothing special to me, I played FOF. I'll play with it but I'm not buying madden just for that (but I am buying Madden PC). I was no fan of the crib at first when I read about it...but The Crib is actually better than you may think. I suggest for now just keep your opinion to yourself until you play it, because you really don't know what you're talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2003, 02:41 PM   #6
The Broski

MMan's Arena

wwharton after reading several of your posts it seems you are clearly a madden boy. You act like you know about FP mode and you have no clue. Yes it's a mode and yes it's a different camera angle. You have to learn it and get used to it, but you seem like one of the types to give up on something that's a little bit more difficult. Like I said man.... just zip it until you play it, then go ahead and rip on it all you want because I'm sure you will. Madden nor ESPN is perfect. I enjoy both games for different reasons.
Old 07-20-2003, 05:50 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:

MMan said:
wwharton after reading several of your posts it seems you are clearly a madden boy. You act like you know about FP mode and you have no clue. Yes it's a mode and yes it's a different camera angle. You have to learn it and get used to it, but you seem like one of the types to give up on something that's a little bit more difficult. Like I said man.... just zip it until you play it, then go ahead and rip on it all you want because I'm sure you will. Madden nor ESPN is perfect. I enjoy both games for different reasons.

I think he just comes across as an objective observer. Maybe he prefers Madden, but look at some of the comments he's made that I just looked up:

Quote:

"What's funny is the first thing they did was say that everything was fixed but so many choose to ignore that. Instead they want to act like a very innovative new game mode like FPF is nothing which is far from the truth, and probably is something that you'll end up trying."

"I look at it like this, if you are REALLY into video games you'll figure out patterns pretty easily. When you get good at Madden you have to force yourself to not take advantage of the fact you've figured out how to beat the GAME rather than the team you're playing. With 2k3 you have to always gameplan for the team. There are clues to take advantage of the AI as well but in different situation, you still have to call the right plays, pick up on it and then take advantage of it. And they are such that some I"m sure many still haven't figured out. I only know from playing some very good people online. In short, when you master the game you're still playing football. There are still many reasons for gamers of all type to buy Madden but this is what ntjskillz was saying."

Both statements sound like pretty good endorsements for the NFL2K series, and the second one, in particular, points out the enhanced reality and simulation value of NFL2Kx over Madden.

Go on believing what you want, but just because someone compares something to Madden does not mean they're automatically a "Madden boy," and whharton is certainly not "clearly" one, as you say.

Old 07-20-2003, 07:23 PM   #8
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

wwharton after reading several of your posts it seems you are clearly a madden boy

This is sarcasm, right? If this isn't a joke it could be the single most misinformed post in OS history. wwharton is most definitely NOT a Madden guy, as anyone who has been here for any length of time should know. His 2k credentials are well established. Talk about clueless...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »