Home

What a game I just lost :(

This is a discussion on What a game I just lost :( within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2010, 12:35 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 15
What a game I just lost :(

After a few years of quite honestly, not wanting to do it, I have gone back to creating/editing my own rosters because there's no way in hell I can keep playing Crapadden.

Anyway, I started today with my beloved 49ers and the Ravens. Played with Ravens in SF and lost 35-24 but it was a damn good game that went back and forth. I had the lead 24-21 with the ball in the 4th qtr but threw an INT to Clements who returned it for a TD. Had to punt on my next possession and the 49ers scored with Gore who I couldnt stop at all. Down 35-24, I had the ball and was driving. On 4th and 10 at the SF 46, I had 7 blockers (5 OL, RB and FB) and still got sacked by Franklin who's rated 49 since I havent edited ratings yet That pretty much ended the game and I was pissed. How one guy can spin away from the OG and not get touched by anyone else and sacks me is beyond me. Other than that, the loss is on me because of that INT returned for a TD I threw.

Anyway, my plan is to post my roster and franchise file after final cuts are done as I have a long way to go. LOL.

Stats for my quick game -

BAL 0 17 7 0 - 24
SF 7 14 0 14 - 35

Flacco: 27/46, 370, 3 TD, INT, 4 sacks
Smith: 10/15, 177, TD, 5 sacks

Gore: 20/174, 3 TD (Gore killed me)

Davis: 2/88, TD
Crabtree: 3/45
Mason: 10/117
Boldin: 7/95, TD
Clayton: 2/25, TD

Lawson: 2 sacks
Franklin/Smith: 1 sack
Gooden: 2 sacks
Lewis: 1.5 sacks
Gregg: 1 sack
Reed: 0.5 sack

Clements: INT TD (66 yards)

Nedney: 0/1 FG (missed from between 30-39)
Graham: 1/1 FG (27 yards)

Lee: 2/80
Koch: 3/144

First Downs: SF 12 BAL 19
Total Yards: SF 350 BAL 400
Pass Yards: SF 177 BAL 370
Rush Yards: SF 173 BAL 30 (all Rice, couldnt run for anything)
Time of Poss: SF 13:53 BAL 18:07

NOTES: I play 8 minute quarters with EQ OFF with injury, fumble and interceptions sliders as is (even though I increase them in snowy and rainy games). Difficulty was custom Legend with me on Legend and the CPU maxed out. All penalty sliders were also maxed out even though there werent many penalties (3 for 20 yards for BAL and 1 for 0 or SF as their penalty was off-set by incidental facemask by me so basically, 2 for 20)

Even though I lost, I had more fun playing 2K5 than I have had with Crapadden 10 in the last week. And this was without any video highlights since I have the slim PS2 but I'll be buying a bulky one and the HDD in September.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2010, 12:42 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: What a game I just lost :(

If you can I would buy an original xbox before a ps2 if you are getting it just for this game. Last year I was playing on a ps3 and switched to xbox1 and it is the way to go. There are a ton of rosters out there, and the graphics look alot better. It took me some time to get use to the xbox controller, but now it is no problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 07-07-2010, 01:11 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
If you can I would buy an original xbox before a ps2 if you are getting it just for this game. Last year I was playing on a ps3 and switched to xbox1 and it is the way to go. There are a ton of rosters out there, and the graphics look alot better. It took me some time to get use to the xbox controller, but now it is no problem.
I had an original Xbox (with the Samsung disc drive) but 2K4 and 2K5 were the only games I had for it since that was the only reason why I ever purchased an Xbox to begin with. Once FINN added Max Drive support, my plan was to go back to PS2 which is what I originally played it on back in 2004. The graphics do look better and whatnot but its not major to me. I'll admit that Madden 10's stadiums look awesome on my HDTV but the player models still look like crap to me so having lesser graphics doesnt bother me one bit.

Just need to get the bulky PS2 and the HDD and I'll be good. I also prefer the PS2 controller as well. Back to Xbox, the main reason I switched is because of the problems I kept having with Action Replay. I could open the program for days on my latop and then all of a sudden, it wouldnt open at all. It got to the point to where I ended up crushing the AR disc and the memory card that came with it. My mind was made up right there because even though transferring files to and from takes several minutes more to do, there's no program for me to open on my laptop. Just plug in the Max Drive in the USB port and im good to go. Dont have to worry about any problems. And since online support is no more for Xbox, I wouldnt be able to download the patch for 2K5 that solves the clipping/negative yardage glitch on offense. Too bad, the patch didnt solve that problem on returns. Oh well.

As for rosters, im going to create/edit my own like I did years ago. Here's two of my rosters for Xbox -

http://nfl2k5rosters.com/dan0405.html (2004 season even though I will eventually redo it over for PS2 since I havent played that season since 2004/2005)

http://nfl2k5rosters.com/dan77733_0607roster.html (2006 season and I want to redo this one as well. Eventually, lol)

I cant remember the global edits I used on those but I know that I changed a few of them compared to what they were in those older files. If you get a chance, check them out and let me know how you like them.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:27 PM   #4
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I'll admit that Madden 10's stadiums look awesome on my HDTV but the player models still look like crap to me so having lesser graphics doesnt bother me one bit.
I think the "crisp" graphics on the skin models look a little to clear sometimes. Some things look awesome in HD, but I am more than happy with the visuals on the orig xbox.

Finally got NBA2k10 and that looks pretty sweet though. If I could just play the game, I'd probably really enjoy it.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:26 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
I think the "crisp" graphics on the skin models look a little to clear sometimes. Some things look awesome in HD, but I am more than happy with the visuals on the orig xbox.

Finally got NBA2k10 and that looks pretty sweet though. If I could just play the game, I'd probably really enjoy it.
I think 2K5's player models still look better and more evened out. Every player in Madden including the OL look like stick figures and look even worse when they're running. Overall, I cant play Madden for any long period of time. I have only had 2010 for a week and while I did play 14 games total, im already sick of it plus there's some stuff in it that I hate and wish I could eliminate.

Me being able to setup 2K5's rosters the way I want them to be thanks to FINN is what make me come back time and time again. Add in the superior gameplay, presentation and commentary and well, 2K5 is STILL the greatest football game thus far and if "swagger" is the best thing that Tirubon and EA can come up with then I have no doubt in my mind that 2K5 will never ever be surpassed in my lifetime.

As for NBA 2K10, I havent cared about the NBA in a decade or so. Once Pippen retired, I stopped watching and even then didnt watch because even though he returned to the Bulls, they sucked anyway. With Jordan being on the cover for 2K11, im 50/50 but it depends on what happens with James/Bosh/Wade. If the Bulls can get James (and Wade or at least just James), then, I'll most likely buy 2K11.

Last edited by dan77733; 07-07-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2010, 03:16 PM   #6
MVP

dophin26's Arena

Honestly, I don't care very much for the NBA either, but I loved it in the 80s and into the 90s. There were a lot of great characters: I. Thomas, Magic, Stockton and Malone, Jordan, etc. There are guys that are creating these rosters and I wanted to play them. I download Portlandtrailblazers' 1988 roster and got two shots off with the 88 Pistons before the game froze on me (and said it couldn't read the disc). I cleaned it, but it looks like I have to get a new copy.

Anyway, back on topic... (sorry)
Old 08-04-2010, 12:54 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

wow man Finn finally got the editor to work on the PS2?Heh that's so cool.I read something about the PS2 kept checking to see if the files were changed or something and it would only work for the original xbox.

-___- I haven't been on here in like 2 years lol.I really want to pick up 2K5 and an original xbox though.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:41 PM   #8
MVP

dophin26's Arena

What did Dan do to get banned? Off a guy? Whack a guy? Whack off a guy? That guy has been around here for the longest time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »