Home

Old 07-22-2003, 05:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
player movement in ESPN Football

Does anyone know if they've fixed the player movement in ESPN Football this year? I really like NFL2K3 last year but after a while the way the players ran really got to me. It's as if the players were wobbling when they run and it just seemed so unnatural, very mechanical.

I liked a lot of things about 2K3 better than Madden but after a while I only played Madden because the players just looked better running around the field. Also I could never get used to the passes moving so slowly through the air.

I'll give ESPN a try for sure this year but I hope they made some improvements. I'm not partial to any football game, I just to play the best game whether it be ESPN or Madden but I'll likely buy both.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2003, 08:23 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: player movement in ESPN Football

They still wobble and look mechanical. Check out the movies on this site. This is one area Sega is having a tuff time with. Instead of all the fancy cut scenes and fancy tackling animations, they need to seriously work on the running animations instead.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:49 AM   #3
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

They still dont have momentum? Damn, if so, that sucks.
Thats one thing I did'nt like to much about 2K3. They really need to work on that.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:57 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

dont worry graphik i think they included momentum this year in an interview i read
Old 07-22-2003, 08:58 AM   #5
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Player movement and physics will be the single most important area for Sega to address in terms of whether or not I purchase this game or not. Some videos, it looks much improved, others do not.

Last year was ridiculous. It gave me a freakin headache.

It seems the videos we've seen are from 8 or 10 different games. I don't know what to expect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2003, 09:02 AM   #6
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

Quote:

soxfan2525 said:
dont worry graphik i think they included momentum this year in an interview i read

I hope so. No more stop on dime running.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:03 AM   #7
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

Quote:

Erod said:
Player movement and physics will be the single most important area for Sega to address in terms of whether or not I purchase this game or not. Some videos, it looks much improved, others do not.

Last year was ridiculous. It gave me a freakin headache.

It seems the videos we've seen are from 8 or 10 different games. I don't know what to expect.

Well that just proves that the game is'nt finished yet. So I hope they can implement all this on time. Playing FPM with no momentum in the running would be foul.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:20 AM   #8
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

MedalofJack said:
They still wobble and look mechanical. Check out the movies on this site. This is one area Sega is having a tuff time with. Instead of all the fancy cut scenes and fancy tackling animations, they need to seriously work on the running animations instead.

so the game will have boring presentation and ultra-repetitive tackling anims like Madden. Man, PLEASE!

The running anims. while in need of work, are way smoother than 2k3's. Nothing should have been taken away from presentation and tackling though.

ESPN has 3 man DELAYED (Players pile on) gangtackles WITH Appropriate Stat Tracking...Solos, Assists, AND Half Sacks! Gimme that, Playa! That is SICK! PLUS the presentation is off the chain!

I agree the running needs more work but NOT at the expense of the excellent and groundbreaking work they've done with the tackling, presentation...and stat tracking as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »