Home

It's time to start advertising SEGA

This is a discussion on It's time to start advertising SEGA within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While It’s On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 07-23-2003, 10:04 AM   #9
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: It\'s time to start advertising SEGA

Quote:

playerX said:
Sega will begin their ads in about 2 weeks, or the first week of August like they said. I bet they'll say in their commercials that there was a name change and that they'll no longer by NFL2K4 but ESPN NFL Football.

I don't think they really need to do that, since it's still ESPN Football 2k4 I think most people should be able to figure it out.
Old 07-23-2003, 10:18 AM   #10
Rookie

breathofj's Arena

OVR: 3

NEVER count on the lack of ignorance in America buddy! I definitely think they should advertise the name change in some way.

I wish they would start advertising earlier though, as Madden comes out in August, and Sega needs to get the word out in plenty of time for people to have a consideration.

out
Old 07-23-2003, 02:32 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

playerX said:
Sega will begin their ads in about 2 weeks, or the first week of August like they said. I bet they'll say in their commercials that there was a name change and that they'll no longer by NFL2K4 but ESPN NFL Football.

Where, ah say, where did you hear that one?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2003, 03:23 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Get used to it.
Sega is by far the worst marketing company in the history of video games.
Here we have a company who makes quality sports sims and yet with the exception of some diehards noone else knows much about them.
They have a MONSTER hill to climb against EA and yet they do little about it.
While EA's handing out loads of info, interviews, screens, etc, Sega's sitting on their ***.
I'm a huge hockey fan so naturally I'm dying to hear more about ESPN Hockey.
Yet their Top Shelf Tuesdays are pathetic. They release screen shots that we've seen before and reveal nothing about gameplay tweaks or franchise options.
I know that Sega might not have a fraction of the money to market that EA does, but the beautiful thing about the internet is that it's free. They should have programmers or sales guys on here daily answering quesitons or revealing stuff.
I think that's terrible how your friend got confused about NFL2K4 and ESPN. Please don't take that the wrong way. I'm not insulting your friend, but rather Sega's lapse attitude toward getting their word out to the sports video game junkies.
With the way their treating their customers you would think they were the ones on top.
Not a great attitude when you get outsold 10-1 last year.
And please, no flame jobs. I'm not insulting either game, just their marketing strategies.
Old 07-23-2003, 03:24 PM   #13
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

in the press release that talked of the merger with espn that came out long ago. i know. it's amazing that people keep crying of how they need to start advertising today and they can still move the release date up to aug. 1st when they've been doing exactly what they said they were doing the whole time.
Old 07-23-2003, 05:24 PM   #14
OFFLINE USER deal with it

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

gah this is like what, the 4th time ive posted this here

Quote:

On the marketing front, ESPN will further consult and partner with the “2K4” team on promotions, advertising and events. This includes promotional and event tie-ins with ESPN such as the ESPN National College Tailgate Tour and the ESPN National Truck Tour, working together to create national advertising campaigns and maximizing on-air integration of “2K4” games within ESPN programming. This powerful combination will further differentiate and support the new direction of the “2K4” titles.

Article

there was an article somewhere stating that they will start the media blitz on August find it and read it yourselves its somewhere in this site

football-gaming.com
Old 07-23-2003, 10:49 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Strategic, Innovative Marketing Push
With this closer alliance, Visual Concepts and ESPN will work intimately on all strategic marketing elements that will effectively convey the message about the brand and the line-up. Starting in August, consumers will see the ESPN Videogames marketing onslaught - starting with "ESPN NFL Football" - aimed at making sure that consumers nationwide know that ESPN Videogames makes some of the leading sports games in the business. By maximizing on-air integration of ESPN Videogames with ESPN programming or through promotional and event tie-ins such as the ESPN The Magazine National College Tailgate Tour and the ESPN National Truck Tour, this powerful combination of Visual Concepts and ESPN will further differentiate and support the new direction of the ESPN Videogames properties.

Overseeing marketing for ESPN Videogames will be Steven Raab, senior vice president of sports marketing for Visual Concepts. In this capacity, Raab will work closely with ESPN to set marketing strategy, overseeing all elements of advertising, promotions, communications and sports licensing. Formerly, Raab served as senior vice president of sports marketing and programming at Turner Broadcasting. There, he managed several of Turner's major properties including NASCAR, Major League Baseball and College Football.

"ESPN Videogames opens up a world of opportunity and new game play experiences for consumers," said Raab. "This brand is about fun, competition and a realistic sports gaming experience. We look forward to further driving home that message with consumers through our marketing and our unparalleled titles."

At the core of all the ESPN Videogames product launches this year will be an innovative, hard-hitting advertising campaign. Created by Wieden and Kennedy out of New York, the renowned agency that handled campaigns for major consumer brands including ESPN and Nike, the first of the new ESPN Videogames ads will kick off with ESPN NFL Football. The ads will focus on a compelling new feature that has never been seen before in a football videogame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2003, 10:08 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:

wwharton said:
in the press release that talked of the merger with espn that came out long ago. i know. it's amazing that people keep crying of how they need to start advertising today and they can still move the release date up to aug. 1st when they've been doing exactly what they said they were doing the whole time.

Ahhh, but wwharton..... You know that nobody ACTUALLY reads anything

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »