Home

Who pre-ordered ESPN Football ?

This is a discussion on Who pre-ordered ESPN Football ? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2003, 02:51 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Who pre-ordered ESPN Football ?

You're biased...you said it yourself that you are a Sega fan. Everything you wrote presumes success for ESPN and failure for Madden. If you took off your rose colored glasses you'd see that 3 weeks late is bad no matter what.

Ask yourself this...would Sege rather be the company releasing their football game on 8/12 and have EA release Madden on 9/2? You're damn right they'd rather have that scenario.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:12 AM   #34
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

It will be tempting to pick up Madden since it comes out earlier, but I'll wait for ESPN. My roomies will get Madden anyway, so I can just play against them until ESPN comes out. Hopefully, they'll push the release date up.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:59 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:

i3man said:
You're biased...you said it yourself that you are a Sega fan. Everything you wrote presumes success for ESPN and failure for Madden. If you took off your rose colored glasses you'd see that 3 weeks late is bad no matter what.

Ask yourself this...would Sege rather be the company releasing their football game on 8/12 and have EA release Madden on 9/2? You're damn right they'd rather have that scenario.

[rant]
I didn't read anybody proclaiming a failure for Madden. Is it so bad to be a Sega fan? Get off your Madden wheels! Who's to say that ESPN is 3 weeks late? Because Madden is coming out a 'said' 3 weeks earlier? EA isn't GOD. And anybody here will readily agree that Madden will sell. The topic of the thread was 'Who pre-ordered ESPN Football' but somehow you're trying to turn this into a apples vs oranges thread.

Furthermore, there is no bias as the topic asks who pre-ordered the game. You need to check yourself and your own glasses before you point the finger dude.
[\rant]

I preordered two days ago from ESPNVideoGames. They guarantee it will hit my door the same day it hits the shelves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2003, 12:47 PM   #36
Rookie

Old 07-24-2003, 07:06 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:

BeanTownBrawler said:
I'm just gonna walk into Best Buy or Toys R Us on Sept 2 and buy that baby. I guarantee it wont be sold out

i dono bout where u live but Best Buys near me are always late gettin the games in just thot id warn u
Old 07-24-2003, 09:31 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

i have madden preordered and i definetly will be preordering espn soon ..
Old 07-24-2003, 10:01 PM   #39
Rookie

marc68's Arena

OVR: 7

I preordered it today. I just hope they get it here the day it hits stores like they say. And hopefully they will move up the release date.
Old 08-11-2003, 01:16 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 6

Some of you people are ridiculous. It's not like ESPN CHOOSES to release the game three weeks later than it's competition. I'd much rather wait a few weeks and have a more polished, complete game than take whatever unfinished, unaccurate crap comes out first. But then again, I have WSB 2k3 to tide me over until Sept. 3rd or so.

On a different note, who do you guys preorder from? Who had the best shipping deals? Who do you trust to get the game to you the same day it hits the shelves? Thanks for your time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »