Home

No in-game saves for ESPN football?!?!?

This is a discussion on No in-game saves for ESPN football?!?!? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 07-23-2003, 01:12 AM   #17
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Re: No in-game saves for ESPN football?!?!?

Quote:

jmood88 said:
If you want to buya game like madden just because of in game saves, then that's your choice. Have fun.

Old 07-23-2003, 01:39 AM   #18
Closer

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

jmood88 said:
If you want to buya game like madden just because of in game saves, then that's your choice. Have fun.

Ok noob. First of all where did I say that. I just said I am disapointed that they left it out. Second of all you realize I am on a first name basis with members of the ESPN team and correspond with them (by phone or email)very frequently. You will find no bigger fan of this game than I. I do however see this for me, as being a big omission.

Next time before you decide to spout off, I suggest you get a clue as to what you are talking about.

Old 07-23-2003, 03:36 AM   #19
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:

Ok noob. First of all where did I say that. I just said I am disapointed that they left it out. Second of all you realize I am on a first name basis with members of the ESPN team and correspond with them (by phone or email)very frequently. You will find no bigger fan of this game than I. I do however see this for me, as being a big omission.

Next time before you decide to spout off, I suggest you get a clue as to what you are talking about.

First of all, I wasn't talking about you. Did I say your name at all? No. Did I make any reference to any of your posts? No. There were other people in this thread other than you and they were talking about how they weren't going to buy nfl2k4 because of no in-game saves. Second of all, don't accuse me of not thinking about what I post and just spouting off. I knew what i was talking about and why I wanted to say what I said.
Old 07-23-2003, 04:38 AM   #20
Closer

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

First of all, I wasn't talking about you. Did I say your name at all? No. Did I make any reference to any of your posts? No. There were other people in this thread other than you and they were talking about how they weren't going to buy nfl2k4 because of no in-game saves. Second of all, don't accuse me of not thinking about what I post and just spouting off. I knew what i was talking about and why I wanted to say what I said.

You replied to my question directly so you were talking to me directly.

Again I say, know what you are talking about before popping off.
Old 07-23-2003, 05:19 AM   #21
Will Blake be healthy?

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I agree with bkrich. Madden will have a feature for two years now that Sega will not. Something like that will not change my mind about buying a game but it is certainly annoying. When I'm playing a game in franchise mode, I want to play the whole thing. Simulating half way through bastardizes the stats. Simply quitting or shutting off when you are losing (or winning) is not acceptable to me. Each game takes about an hour. With Madden, I could squeeze one half in and then come back tomorrow to finish it off. Its a fairly big omission for those that like the feature and quite honestly, I didn't think it would be that big a programming issue to add it in. They even had a longer development cycle this year with a Sept 2 release. This is a disappointment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2003, 05:20 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Thank you, Sega!

Once my wife figured out that other football games had in-game saves I was never left in peace to play an entire game.

I couldn't be happier to hear I'm going to get one more year to play uninterrupted.
Old 07-23-2003, 05:31 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 10

Being a 2K fan I can't miss something I never had. Besides I don't ever start a game I can't finish and since I sim some of my games anyway it wouldn't hurt me to sim the rest of the game if I ever had to.

VC has put so much in the game that this seems a little nitpicky. If they had it in already and took it out I could see why people would scream bloody murder.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:58 AM   #24
MVP

Chrono's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

BigBadB said:
Thank you, Sega!

Once my wife figured out that other football games had in-game saves I was never left in peace to play an entire game.

I couldn't be happier to hear I'm going to get one more year to play uninterrupted.

LOL!!! Same here.

"Sorry honey, i'd love turn it off... but this doesn't have in game saves, and I can't just stop playing in the middle of a game!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »