Home

The Franchise Mode Hype

This is a discussion on The Franchise Mode Hype within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2003, 12:42 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1
The Franchise Mode Hype

Maybe you or anyone on this thread can tell me what the big deal about Franchise mode is anyway. When I buy a game, I play it primarily to get good at it so that when my boys and I get together, we can have some tough battles. Besides that, I don't play by myself that much. (Married, busy schedule... Married.)

I looove football, but I don't know anything about Cap-ology and all that off-season stuff. Is it really cool? Please express your passions about this Franchise stuff that everyone is raving about so that I can look forward to that mode too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2003, 01:06 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: The Franchise Mode Hype

Hey goob,

If you like playing with your 'boys', more power to you. But for those of us who are loners, or in my case, don't have an abundance of friends who like video games, Franchise Mode is a savior. My main appeal to the Franchise Mode is that it gets me as close as possible to a true, all encompassing NFL gaming experience. I love being able to control who I draft, who I fire, what I pay for a player and who I start in a game. Franchise Mode gives the gamer a real sense of accomplishment if he is able to take his favorite team all the way to a Super Bowl Championship. Mainly because it not only has to do with how you perform on the field, but how you perform in the front office. If you want to experience the thrill of earning a Vince Lombardi Trophy after 16 weeks of regular season play, three weeks of playoffs, and then playing in the biggest game of your life, I HIGHLY recommend Franchise Mode.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:32 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

lordvader said:
Hey goob,

If you like playing with your 'boys', more power to you. But for those of us who are loners, or in my case, don't have an abundance of friends who like video games, Franchise Mode is a savior. My main appeal to the Franchise Mode is that it gets me as close as possible to a true, all encompassing NFL gaming experience. I love being able to control who I draft, who I fire, what I pay for a player and who I start in a game. Franchise Mode gives the gamer a real sense of accomplishment if he is able to take his favorite team all the way to a Super Bowl Championship. Mainly because it not only has to do with how you perform on the field, but how you perform in the front office. If you want to experience the thrill of earning a Vince Lombardi Trophy after 16 weeks of regular season play, three weeks of playoffs, and then playing in the biggest game of your life, I HIGHLY recommend Franchise Mode.

Thanks,
I see everyone viewing this thread, but only 1 reply so far. Please keep 'em coming. I wanna give something new a try, just want to see if it's worth the time andeffort.

Old 07-23-2003, 03:44 PM   #4
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

If you're curious about it then try it for yourself instead of asking people to sell you on it.
Old 07-23-2003, 04:24 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

Kanobi said:
If you're curious about it then try it for yourself instead of asking people to sell you on it.

Yeah, ahm lazy.

But I just like to hear people's opinions on why the love certain things so much... Especially when it's something I have paid little or no attention to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2003, 04:49 PM   #6
R**k**

whosgotcha's Arena

OVR: 18

Gooberstabone,

Playing a human opponent is a lot of fun but can become repetitious. most of the people I play against usually pick the same team and same play book. In addition, they usually pick one of the top four or five teams. So I find myself constantly playing the Jets, Raiders, Rams or Buccaneers.
In its favor playng human opponents adds the X factor of unexpected play choices on both defense and offense, human error, and human interaction.

As a football fan I enjoy reading about teams regarding their in season and out of season progress, trades, free agent acquisitions, injuries, retirements, retention of star players, and cap management. I follow the stats for teams and players during the season.

When I play Franchise mode I am able to engage in what I call a fully immersive football experience. Many of the reasons I enjoy real football (stated in the previous paragraph) are found in the Franchise Mode. Teams progress, teams regress, Star players continue their star play, new stars emerge, MVPs, Rookie of the Year, Pivotal games, freak plays, weather effects, short term injuries, long term injuries, winning streaks and losing streaks all occur. These are the elements of franchise mode. Easy games, hard games, run oriented teams, pass oriented teams, defensive teams, offensive teams. These are the elements of franchise mode.

The key is, you have a say as to how the season turns out. You are in control. You make trades, sign free agents, replace injured players, draft wisely or foolishly. You retain star players, devise game plans, discover emerging stars, manage the salary cap and play the games. You make the playoffs. You win the superbowl. If You experience success you must maintain it. If you experience failure you must resolve it.

I Play both Madden 2003 and NFL 2K3. This year I preferred 2K3 over Madden 2003. I played in a Madden league with a group of friends this year and it was enjoyable until some members began to exploit the holes in Madden's programming.

I played franchise with both games and gradually leaned toward NFL 2K3. I am currently playing a dynasty with Rutgers in NCAA 2003.

The ideal situation would be human league play within franchise mode.

Old 07-23-2003, 04:56 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

I love playing online, and playing multiplayer, but franchise mode is a lot of fun too. I enjoy doing drafts, filling holes on my team, and trying to get a steal. It's a challenge trying to have a great team, while staying under the cap. Also like trying to have the next dynasty of the NFL.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:07 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

whosgotcha said:
Gooberstabone,

Playing a human opponent is a lot of fun but can become repetitious. most of the people I play against usually pick the same team and same play book. In addition, they usually pick one of the top four or five teams. So I find myself constantly playing the Jets, Raiders, Rams or Buccaneers.

Agreed.

Quote:

In its favor playng human opponents adds the X factor of unexpected play choices on both defense and offense, human error, and human interaction.

Definitely.

Quote:

As a football fan I enjoy reading about teams regarding their in season and out of season progress, trades, free agent acquisitions, injuries, retirements, retention of star players, and cap management. I follow the stats for teams and players during the season.

So do I-- to the extent feasible. I leave my car on sports talk radio.

Quote:

When I play Franchise mode I am able to engage in what I call a fully immersive football experience. Many of the reasons I enjoy real football (stated in the previous paragraph) are found in the Franchise Mode. Teams progress, teams regress, Star players continue their star play, new stars emerge, MVPs, Rookie of the Year, Pivotal games, freak plays, weather effects, short term injuries, long term injuries, winning streaks and losing streaks all occur. These are the elements of franchise mode. Easy games, hard games, run oriented teams, pass oriented teams, defensive teams, offensive teams. These are the elements of franchise mode.

Quote:

The key is, you have a say as to how the season turns out. You are in control. You make trades, sign free agents, replace injured players, draft wisely or foolishly. You retain star players, devise game plans, discover emerging stars, manage the salary cap and play the games. You make the playoffs. You win the superbowl. If You experience success you must maintain it. If you experience failure you must resolve it.

...I hear ya barkin' big dawg.

Quote:

I Play both Madden 2003 and NFL 2K3. This year I preferred 2K3 over Madden 2003. I played in a Madden league with a group of friends this year and it was enjoyable until some members began to exploit the holes in Madden's programming.

I hate that about Madden.... Every year there is some cheat you can exploit. Or some player **cough** Marshall Faulk **cough** or now Michael Vick is UNSTOPPABLE.

[quote] I played franchise with both games and gradually leaned toward NFL 2K3. I am currently playing a dynasty with Rutgers in NCAA 2003.

I'm surprised. It seems everyone says Madden's franchise is so much better, deeper.

Quote:

The ideal situation would be human league play within franchise mode.

Isn't this possible in ESPN NFL 2k4?

Thanks a lot man, if If this franchise stuff is just like the regular season mode with extras, then I think I'll actually give it a whirl! Nice argument!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »