Home

NFL2k4: Virtual Chris Berman Or Voice Only?

This is a discussion on NFL2k4: Virtual Chris Berman Or Voice Only? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 07-24-2003, 01:42 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
NFL2k4: Virtual Chris Berman Or Voice Only?

Hey NFL2kers!!

Does anybody know if we will actually get to SEE Chris Berman giving the pre-game, half-time, and post-game shows? Or is it just going to be his voice? I hope VC actually recorded some footage of Berman talking about the games, much like they did for Dan Patrick at the introduction of NFL2k3. I would love to see him grit and grin when he says, Tha Raydahs! Can anyone out there tell us what to expect?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2003, 01:46 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NFL2k4: Virtual Chris Berman Or Voice Only?

I don't want to see pre-recorded cutscene footage...I want to see a 3d-rendered Berman. It would be much more flexible in terms of making his movements match his speech.
Old 07-24-2003, 01:49 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

If he's at all virtually in the game you will see it in the ESPN NFL Football intro video.
Old 07-24-2003, 01:50 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Here is a wrinkle. Either one is going to get repetitive after so many games. That being the case, would you not rather see actual recorded footage of him speaking about the game you are in, or just a 3-D graphic model of him? You have to admit that all of us NFL2kers were stunned when we first put in NFL2k3 last year and actually SAW Dan Patrick in the real ESPN studio, talking about our game.
Old 07-24-2003, 01:53 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

Voice only. All of the dialogue is cut together in real time for the situaltion at hand(scores, stats, etc...) There are so many combinations it would be impossible to have video for it all. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a little clip of him saying "welcome to the ESPN halftime show" and then they cut to the stats with voice-over
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2003, 02:10 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Man that would be hilarious! And awesome! That is, having a 3-D modeled polygon Boomer sayin' all that stuff. It would look like him but not perfect, kinda like the crowd cut-scenes.

That just funny.
Old 07-24-2003, 02:18 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've heard of game engines that make character's lips move in conjuction with audio. Once the engine is in place, you just pass the audio to it and the lips move accordingly. But he'd still look kind of lifeless without any other emotion in the form of gestures and the like.
Old 07-24-2003, 02:21 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 6

From what I have seen in the vids its only his voice but it is a possiblity he could be in Weekly-Wrap-Up

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »