Home

Old 07-24-2003, 05:29 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: WTF...supposed EGM scores!!

Nah these can't be real, cuz the games can't be done yet.. and since their not...you can't review a game when its not 100% yet can you?
Old 07-24-2003, 05:36 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

I posted right after E3 that the reviews for ESPN would be out of wack in all the publications this year because EA's money is talking. Well fellas let the onslaught begin but don't be suprised when all this magazines & the like start to lose business on account of EA. I for one don't expect these publications to give fair scores because they don't have reviewers who are dedicated to one specific genre. So like everyone agrees take it with a grain of salt. This is all in a effort to deter's ESPN's momentum but you can't deny talent & a good game.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:39 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

omegatron3k said:
I posted right after E3 that the reviews for ESPN would be out of wack in all the publications this year because EA's money is talking. Well fellas let the onslaught begin but don't be suprised when all this magazines & the like start to lose business on account of EA. I for one don't expect these publications to give fair scores because they don't have reviewers who are dedicated to one specific genre. So like everyone agrees take it with a grain of salt. This is all in a effort to deter's ESPN's momentum but you can't deny talent & a good game.

You don't know any of this. MAybe the game has some major flaws in it.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:47 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 6

"EA's money is talking"

I think that is partially true. It is like the mega blockbuster movie that has a big budget and spends a lot of money on smoozing the film reviewers. They call it "the press junket" where the company that made the film pays for a nice getaway weekend for the reviewers to get an early look at the movie and then write about it in their papers. After being smoozed by someone it is very hard to write anything negative about them. That is why I pay no attention to movie reviews and the same can be said for game reviews. They gave NBA Live a good ratiting last year and I thought it sucked.

I am sure Madden will be good, but I know I will prefer ESPN. Reading some young punk's poorly written opinion on a game won't change that.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:56 PM   #21
Rookie

Well don't any of us know anything because I highly doubt that the scores are real. If they are then guess what would've been posted with the scores? The actual page would've been scanned in by now to verify it. Secondly the new issue of EGM hasn't even been released yet & ESPN has yet to go gold so there's no way that they are legit. Madden hasn't gone gold yet!

Also look at the scores in general, two out of the three reviewers gave Madden a 9.5. I don't know too many pubs that give this high of a score for a title unless it's money under the table. Look at Fever's scores, do you mean to tell me that Fever isn't improved from last year. Dude this is bogus & until someone scans in the page I ain't tryin to hear it!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2003, 06:01 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:

omegatron3k said:
Well don't any of us know anything because I highly doubt that the scores are real. If they are then guess what would've been posted with the scores? The actual page would've been scanned in by now to verify it. Secondly the new issue of EGM hasn't even been released yet & ESPN has yet to go gold so there's no way that they are legit. Madden hasn't gone gold yet!

Also look at the scores in general, two out of the three reviewers gave Madden a 9.5. I don't know too many pubs that give this high of a score for a title unless it's money under the table. Look at Fever's scores, do you mean to tell me that Fever isn't improved from last year. Dude this is bogus & until someone scans in the page I ain't tryin to hear it!!!

Old 07-24-2003, 06:04 PM   #23
Rookie

I agree...they are most likely bogus, honestly we know a great deal about the games, if you've watched the videos, preveiws, read about the new features...I don't think EA would be dumb enough to try and buy out reviewers. But the magazines might worry about mainstream acceptance as alot of reviewers got alot of heat for reviewing 2k3 higher then Madden 03' last year.

2k3 without all the flaws, and minor improvements in graphics and new animations/features...tis a sure thing.

I bet they bogus though...I mean low 6's for Fever...come on they were supposed to be greatly improved this year plus XSN...wow.
Old 07-24-2003, 06:05 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

Man, the internet.

I heard that EGM gave Halo 2 a 4.5

*47 page post ensues*

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »