Home

Old 07-25-2003, 12:04 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: WTF...supposed EGM scores!!

Quote:

jmood88 said:
What lack of franchise options? What else do they need? What does madden have that they don't have?

What did they add this year? Other than rearranging itto hopefully be better? I have been a HUGE Front Office Football guy for a long time, and with Madden incorporating many of its features, I am already spoiled. NFL2k3s franchise mode was great last year because of it's new presentation (esp. when you are at the draft - THAT was great). But it hasnt changed this year. Nor was anythign added. Where are the signing bonuses? Varied salaries throughout life of the contracts? These are just examples of things I KNEW they woudl add for this year, simply based on what they did last year. But they didnt, so, YES, I am disappointed.

BUT, having said that, I think the GAMEPLAY and in-game PRESENTATION looks to be outstanding and I can hardly wait to play it.
Old 07-25-2003, 12:08 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

AirLobo23 said:
Never fails. Every year the competition throws everything it has at Madden, and Madden always comes out on top. Even with all the hype over ESPN and Fever, between the two games it can only manage an avg. score of 7.5? please, Madden gets my $50 again this year. And yes, I do take stock in review scores, always have, always will. I don't have $50 to be throwin around on games, and usually these scores are spot on.

Wow
Old 07-25-2003, 01:07 PM   #59
All Star

OVR: 32

This just in from the ESPN NFL Football (Xbox) message board on GameFAQs:

Quote:

Loudawg | Posted: 7/25/2003 1110 AM
Just got the new EGM... these guys gushed over Madden "owner mode (setting prices for tickets, etc lol) and weren't too impressed with ESPN

Madden got a 9.5, 9.0, 9.5
ESPN got a 8.0, 7.5, 8.5

I guess 2k4 got a worse review than last years game... unbelievable. Although I must say I don't recognize any of these reviewers.. Bryan, G. Ford and from PSM Mag Chris B. These guys sound like Playstation 2/Madden junkies. They actually reviewed the PS2 version of the games.

They state, of ESPN: "Another year as backup"

ESPN
----
Bryan (8.0): Sega's football franchise trained its guts out this off season. I welcome the new Maddenesque playcalling menu and the healthy injection of ESPN elements into the game. Yet, even with these changes and enhanced running game, ESPN remains second-string behind Madden. It's Franchise options don't stack up to Madden. And while I appaud the attempt at first person football, this so-called revolutionary feature is disorienting, not to mention boring, when you play any other position than quarterback.

G. Ford (7.5): Solid controls, ESPN presentation, the cool fan closeups, and the good (but repetitive) announcers. The first person mode, however, is a beautiful looking disaster. Mnaully swinging your view around or anticipating a blitz proves far too hard. Gimmick aside, the heart of this game delivers.

Chris B (8.5): Sega's ESPN is packed with goodness - most notably the ultraslick ESPN presnetation, awesome eight players at once online play, and snappy commentary. However, the unforgiving running game takes a lot of getting used to if you usually play Madden. Still, a solid pigskin offering.

Old 07-25-2003, 01:12 PM   #60
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Chris B (8.5): Sega's ESPN is packed with goodness - most notably the ultraslick ESPN presnetation, awesome eight players at once online play, and snappy commentary. However, the unforgiving running game takes a lot of getting used to if you usually play Madden. Still, a solid pigskin offering.

I like how he said "the unforgiving running game takes a lot of getting used to if you usually play Madden". Who was it that said, people play "other football games" as if it were Madden and review it by comparing it to Madden? Makes no sense to me

Other than that, i respect everything else said. Personally, i know i'm going to fall in love with ESPN Football this year.
Old 07-25-2003, 01:14 PM   #61
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Thanks for that XLZT. Now, we'll just have to wait and see some more conspiracy theorys arise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2003, 01:17 PM   #62
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:

Graphik said:
Thanks for that XLZT. Now, we'll just have to wait and see some more conspiracy theorys arise.

Hey, it's "ZXLT".

And no problem. That poster seemed legit to me. I can't really imagine him making that whole thing up.

EDIT: Wow, you just got your 3000th post. Congrats.

I guess that means that you're 20% of the way to Heelfan status.
Old 07-25-2003, 01:23 PM   #63
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

ZXLT said:
Quote:

Graphik said:

Hey, it's "ZXLT".

And no problem. That poster seemed legit to me. I can't really imagine him making that whole thing up.

EDIT: Wow, you just got your 3000th post. Congrats.

I guess that means that you're 20% of the way to Heelfan status.

My bad about the name. And yea, I've got a s***load of more posting to do till I reach Heelfans level.
Old 07-25-2003, 01:30 PM   #64
MVP

Kodiak33's Arena

OVR: 8

LOL repetitive commentary...its the best in the business most have said

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »