Home

I gave NFL 2K3 an honest try...

This is a discussion on I gave NFL 2K3 an honest try... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2003, 11:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
I gave NFL 2K3 an honest try...

(Madden Fan # God knows)

This is about the third time I've given NFL 2k3 a "try." The first two times I played about a drive on offense and on defense and then turned it off complaining that it was unplayable. By looking at the previews of the newest installments of both games, ESPN really had me interested. The only thing that worried me is that I supposedly hated the gameplay of NFL 2K3. So, I fire up my Xbox and put in the most hated game ever and said to myself "YOU ARE GOING TO PLAY A FULL GAME. PICK THE DOLPHINS, PUT SEAU ON YOUR TEAM AND PLAY TO WIN." The first half was a bit shaky, I was running the ball Madden style and it just did not work. By the end of the second quarter I was finally beginning to break some runs and I was amazed at how GOOD this game actually looked when I could finally string some plays together and get the game moving. I replayed almost every run over 5 yards 10 times in awe of the broken tackle animations, and the stiff arms, running people over, etc... I LOVE how Ricky would pop up after a big run with a smile on his face. I played about 6 games last night and a couple more today. I just had a slugfest with the Patriots where I cam from behind to win 21-20 in the closing seconds of the game. That was the clincher. I'm buying ESPN Football and renting Madden, however I still may buy both. You guys are right, you need to give it an Honest chance. You have to play each game differently to the style which suits its respected engines and it may take a little bit to get used to, but in the end it's worth it. Please excuse me now, I am going to pop in NFL 2K3, I have many linebackers which I need to leave on their back. One last thing, I love this forum, for the most part it is all very unbiased, professional, and honest opinions. Without it I probably never would've given NFL 2K3 the chance it deserves and I would be out on a game I absolutely love.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2003, 11:03 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: I gave NFL 2K3 an honest try...

Glad you like it, if only more people would give it an honest try.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:05 PM   #3
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

godsbad said:
(Madden Fan # God knows)

This is about the third time I've given NFL 2k3 a "try." The first two times I played about a drive on offense and on defense and then turned it off complaining that it was unplayable. By looking at the previews of the newest installments of both games, ESPN really had me interested. The only thing that worried me is that I supposedly hated the gameplay of NFL 2K3. So, I fire up my Xbox and put in the most hated game ever and said to myself "YOU ARE GOING TO PLAY A FULL GAME. PICK THE DOLPHINS, PUT SEAU ON YOUR TEAM AND PLAY TO WIN." The first half was a bit shaky, I was running the ball Madden style and it just did not work. By the end of the second quarter I was finally beginning to break some runs and I was amazed at how GOOD this game actually looked when I could finally string some plays together and get the game moving. I replayed almost every run over 5 yards 10 times in awe of the broken tackle animations, and the stiff arms, running people over, etc... I LOVE how Ricky would pop up after a big run with a smile on his face. I played about 6 games last night and a couple more today. I just had a slugfest with the Patriots where I cam from behind to win 21-20 in the closing seconds of the game. That was the clincher. I'm buying ESPN Football and renting Madden, however I still may buy both. You guys are right, you need to give it an Honest chance. You have to play each game differently to the style which suits its respected engines and it may take a little bit to get used to, but in the end it's worth it. Please excuse me now, I am going to pop in NFL 2K3, I have many linebackers which I need to leave on their back. One last thing, I love this forum, for the most part it is all very unbiased, professional, and honest opinions. Without it I probably never would've given NFL 2K3 the chance it deserves and I would be out on a game I absolutely love.

I'm glad that you gave it a chance. There are so many people that would've just given up after the first series. Hope you like nfl2k4.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:06 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Group hug..another has joined our ranks...welcome brother
Old 07-24-2003, 11:09 PM   #5
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Great post, I must say I was in the same situation when Nfl 2k2 came out. I hated the fact that I threw WAY to many picks. Then I realized it was the fact the game IS so much like the NFL, you CAN'T throw into double/triple coverage and expect to make the grab. The NFL 2k series has a steep learning curve, but once you can handle it, you can really see the beauty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2003, 05:46 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 10

Good one....I thought I was about to read another post about someone who folded after a couple of series. It's too bad you're only finding out how good it is now. It takes months of playing to see everything in the game. I had NFL2K3 from day one and I'm still hearing new commentary and seeing new animations. I think the tutorial mode in ESPN will help a lot people understand and lessen the strain of the learning curve. I've been playing all the 2K games (football, basketball and hockey)from day one (thanx to EA) and have been enjoying every bit of it. So I don't read the manuals and like to find the new stuff myself. Apparently VC shouldn't have left this stuff out because to see the real beauty of 2K you need to know all the ins and outs of the game.

Just remember if there is something you don't like about the gameplay don't forget to use the sliders. Adjust them left to make what is highlighted easier and right to make it harder.
Old 07-25-2003, 08:03 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

I think that advertising firm they got (the one that does those Nike ads and other successful campaigns) will see to it that more and more people give it a try.
Old 07-25-2003, 08:05 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Welcome aboard my friend.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »