Home

Just got the new PSM with football reviews

This is a discussion on Just got the new PSM with football reviews within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 07-25-2003, 06:13 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Just got the new PSM with football reviews

Quote:

Smashmouth said:
"But to categorize ALL madden players as such is being uninformed. I mean after all the majority of NFL Players play what?"

Have you ever heard an interview with an NFL Player? Most of those guys are idiots lol. The only thing that just drives me nuts every year with madden is the poor collision detection with the db's and wr's. They get hung up on each other and every year I think they'll have fixed it and then it still remains. At least call pass interference, ESPN does pass interference perfectly.
Old 07-25-2003, 06:25 PM   #98
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

Graphik said:
And Mario running, you gotta be kidding me. 2K3 felt like I was controlling the little men I play with in electric football.

Wow, are you sure your playing the same 2K3 as everyone else. I NEVER had any issues with Mario Running
Old 07-25-2003, 06:28 PM   #99
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

Erod said:
Every 2K game to date has had a long, long list of flaws and inconsistencies with the NFL game. The critics of Madden always seem to forget that.

If you prefer Sega's game, fine. But don't couch it as a more polished game than Madden. That's ridiculous. Both games do some things well, others not so much. But Madden is far more polished than 2K.

To portray Madden as a game for little kids is silly. In fact, the writing skills of most of the 2K fans in this forum are.....let's just say there's much room for improvement.

I hope this year is different. The reviews aren't promising, but I'll wait and see for myself. I'm pulling for a great game from Sega. I've seen reviews and scores from seven different authors, none too flattering.

sega isn't perfect but if you ask sega about the flaws in last years game you get a passionate response about how they worked really hard and fixed those mistakes from last year and they changed some things that were not really complained about ,basically they went all out, and when the game comes out that is reflected in the gameplay.

Ask EA have you fixed your o-line d-line interaction , no we are stiking with the "classic madden gameplay" . what about player models , no we are sticking to the "classic madden gamplay". what have you done to justify a gamer spending 50 dollars ,we have added 3 revolutionary new animations .
Old 07-25-2003, 06:29 PM   #100
Rookie

You gotta be kidding me if you don't think the mario running into the o-line isn't a problem.

Here's a gripe I have with Madden that I don't think anyone has ever mentioned. Your drops increase significantly when playing good teams. It's ridiculous and drives me nuts. I remember on Madden 2002 when I played the Ravens nearly every pass would dropped as a way to make the Ravens D look better.
Old 07-25-2003, 06:46 PM   #101
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

LBzrule said:
This is a problem. Everyone is in camps, almost like denominational camps. And they all fight. Girl them baptists know they wrong LOL!! And no one looks for degrees of affinity between the two. Actually I know some guys who would never say 2k is bettter even if it is. They have already predetermined for themselves that it CANNOT be better, not only can it not be better, nothing else can be better. That mindset is in both camps. That's where I think the F word can be applied LOL. When one reifies his/her game of choice in an attempt to belittle all others. Such an attitude carries with it a certain closedmindedness. The F word definately can be used in full force with respect to those particular individuals I think LOL, because they have already predetermined without even giving a fair shake to others or without being OPEN to the other, that their game of choice is better.

A definition for [censored you naughty boy]? I Like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2003, 07:04 PM   #102
Rookie

Well I'm sick of this tired debate because no matter what, people are gonna play what they like. I tried to teach people how to play the 2k series but I must face the fact that it's not for everybody just like Madden isn't for me.
So as everyone knows, it will come down to personal preference & what fits your description of NFL football. For me it's ESPN all the way & I really hope that VC is rewarded this year with all the hard work that they have done for their fanbase.

As long as I know that the other 2ker's are there when the game is released then we will eventually build up the same kind of fanbase that Madden already has. VC has came a long way after only 5 years & really making it's mark on a franchise that has been here 14 years. Whether Madden fans convert/admit that there is another worthy football title out there now really don't matter because they are only being fans of what they prefer just like us 2ker's. It's just that they have had a longer period of time to get set in their ways. As long as VC keeps pumping out a good game of NFL Football then eventually everything will take care of itself.
Old 07-25-2003, 07:47 PM   #103
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:

Erod said:
Every 2K game to date has had a long, long list of flaws and inconsistencies with the NFL game. The critics of Madden always seem to forget that.

If you prefer Sega's game, fine. But don't couch it as a more polished game than Madden. That's ridiculous. Both games do some things well, others not so much. But Madden is far more polished than 2K.

To portray Madden as a game for little kids is silly. In fact, the writing skills of most of the 2K fans in this forum are.....let's just say there's much room for improvement.

I hope this year is different. The reviews aren't promising, but I'll wait and see for myself. I'm pulling for a great game from Sega. I've seen reviews and scores from seven different authors, none too flattering.

Lies.
Polish is all opinion. Whether it be your favorite hot dog mode, or if you like real looking player models, its all opinion.
Old 07-25-2003, 08:13 PM   #104
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:

Graphik said:
Quote:

ZXLT said:
Quote:

Graphik said:
I have no clue as to why ESPN fans are so strung on getting Madden fans to convert. They argue and say thier game is more realistic/simulation and cant come up with a reason why Madden is'nt besides WRs catching under triple coverage. You even said it, and I can counter that statement all day but I'm not.

What about suction blocking, Mario running, and Robo QB?

Blocking is'nt a grip of mine. Sliders will fix this. And Mario running, you gotta be kidding me. 2K3 felt like I was controlling the little men I play with in electric football. Now the Robo QB is a problem. But you cant even get to the QB on 2K3.

Graphik, I hate to call you out on this, but it's clear from your post that you don't even know what suction blocking and Mario running are. Next time you play Madden (or NCAA, for that matter), notice how if you run your half-back into the back of an Offensive Lineman, his legs will keep running...like he's running in place. It's called Mario running and it comes from the old Mario type games on Nintendo. Sega got rid of this ridiculous looking animation a few years back, and replaced it with something infitely more realistic.

And I wish I could explain suction blocking, but if you don't see it by now...then you're probably better off not knowing. If you really wanna know though, watch how the line interacts in the next couple of ESPN vids you see. Then ask yourself if you've ever seen anything similar in an EA football game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »