Home

Just got the new PSM with football reviews

This is a discussion on Just got the new PSM with football reviews within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 07-25-2003, 09:53 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Just got the new PSM with football reviews

I can't say fan?
Old 07-25-2003, 09:55 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

My tag team review with jdawg will go up on football-gaming soon. I broke down each unit. QBs, RB's, Oline, WR's, Dline, LB's, DB's. I gave the DB's a B. At first I wanted to give them a higher grade because they do get more turnovers, and knock more balls down, but EA still AINT got it right. If a guy has a stud WR, and there are 4 DB's around him, he can still come down with the catch. If it were not for that I would have given the DB's a higher grade. I could go further, but the review will be up as soon as I finish a few things and jdawg finishes his portion.

Plus, giving a game a 10 is saying this is as close to the real thing as you will get, but when I see something in the gameplay that says otherwise, I refuse to give it such a score.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:58 AM   #19
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

LBzrule said:
My tag team review with jdawg will go up on football-gaming soon. I broke down each unit. QBs, RB's, Oline, WR's, Dline, LB's, DB's. I gave the DB's a B. At first I wanted to give them a higher grade because they do get more turnovers, and knock more balls down, but EA still AINT got it right. If a guy has a stud WR, and there are 4 DB's around him, he can still come down with the catch. If it were not for that I would have given the DB's a higher grade. I could go further, but the review will be up as soon as I finish a few things and jdawg finishes his portion.

Plus, giving a game a 10 is saying this is as close to the real thing as you will get, but when I see something in the gameplay that says otherwise, I refuse to give it such a score.

Can't wait to read your review & tips on the big 4 titles Don't forgot to provide us with a link!
Old 07-25-2003, 09:58 AM   #20
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Klue516 said:
Quote:

marino13 said:
And Madden received a 10 and Espn 9 NCAA 10.

But they did say for the hardcored sim footabll fans that ESPN was the better choice.

Did you receive the mag in the mail or did you go to your local game store and pick one up Also, how much information or how long are the reviews Thanks!

Old 07-25-2003, 10:00 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

What did Gameday get?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2003, 10:01 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 21

You said it right, LB..their score is their score. Just my opinion, but I don't see how a game that still has suction blocking and Mario running can get a 10. But again, it's their score, not mine.
Old 07-25-2003, 10:01 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Well this seems like the most honest review out of the two games this year. Once again Madden takes the nod for being the less stellar in gameplay but more modes. This will always be the difference between the two games because not everyone can play our beloved ESPN football. It takes football knowledge to play this game & let's face it Maddenites really don't have a true sense of the real NFL game. Not all of them don't, but the majority are kids who are gonna relate throwback tackle to the actual NFL game.
Madden will always win the popular contest because of the easy to play system while ESPN will build up a base of hardcore players who understand X's & O's.

On that note I would like Maddenites to stop saying Madden is the most realistic NFL football game because it's obvious that it's not. Respect ESPN as the game that it is
which is the truest simulation of NFL football on any system
available!
Old 07-25-2003, 10:02 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

From: bryan12112 | Posted: 7/25/2003 3:06:23 AM | Message Detail
smashmouth:

"PSM has said in the past that just because they gave it a 10 doesn't mean it's perfect. They just felt it deserved a 10 because it's one hell of a game; and saying that the AI is better in Segas game is kind of misleading. It could just be a little better, and not that big of a deal."

Again, from a forum this was me complaining about the 10's giving away...and the AI problems that it appeared from the review Madden still has. I was complaining about handing out 10's and perfect scores...and realism.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »