Home

I have taken the plunge...advise for an NFL 2K5 Noob

This is a discussion on I have taken the plunge...advise for an NFL 2K5 Noob within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 18
I have taken the plunge...advise for an NFL 2K5 Noob

So I have a copy of this game for the PS2 and played it for a month (this was 4 years ago) then shelved it. I have been and still am a Madden veteran. Love 2005 and 2007. I went Next Gen with 2010 and while a very nice game it still had some big problems (lack of a deep passing game, screen play was a cheap killer, no sideline awareness, Guys running out of bounds all the time, Franchise was stale) I am a stats nut and sim type player. I love MLB The Show 2009 (still playing the crap out of that one) and I am loving NCAA 2011.

So I stumbled on this site and feel like I am talking to many who share my joy of sports gaming. I have been playing sports titles since the Atari 2600 days....yeah I am old.

So I dusted off this game and realized "what the hell was I thinking?" So I just purchased an original XBOX version for a whopping .99 cents. And I have a few questions. First I do not have online acccess for my original XBOX I just have wifi for my PS3. And I will not buy a 360.

1) Do I need online access to get roster updates

2) If I can't get roster updates how much playability will I get out of my franchise mode with the default rosters and drafting new players every year. How are the draft classes and does the game lose anything over the years of a franchise.

3) Should I really utilize the weekly prep?

4) I will play on ALL-PRO. Do I really need to make many slider adjustments.

5) How will the original XBOX version look on my HDTV

6) How do you save a franchise (I heard this can be a mystery at first)

I know there are tons of threads here but maybe some of you guys can point me in the right direction. I am very excited to really delve into this great game and I did make sure do get an XBOX copy as I heard it is night and day from the PS2 version I have.

Last edited by Todem; 08-02-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 03:34 PM   #2
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: I have taken the plunge...advise for an NFL 2K5 Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todem
So I have a copy of this game for the PS2 and played it for a month (this was 4 years ago) then shelved it. I have been and still am a Madden veteran. Love 2005 and 2007. I went Next Gen with 2010 and while a very nice game it still had some big problems (lack of a deep passing game, screen play was a cheap killer, no sideline awareness, Guys running out of bounds all the time, Franchise was stale) I am a stats nut and sim type player. I love MLB The Show 2009 (still playing the crap out of that one) and I am loving NCAA 2011.

So I stumbled on this site and feel like I am talking to many who share my joy of sports gaming. I have been playing sports titles since the Atari 2600 days....yeah I am old.

So I dusted off this game and realized "what the hell was I thinking?" So I just purchased an original XBOX version for a whopping .99 cents. And I have a few questions. First I do not have online acccess for my original XBOX I just have wifi for my PS3. And I will not buy a 360.

1) Do I need online access to get roster updates

2) If I can't get roster updates how much playability will I get out of my franchise mode with the default rosters and drafting new players every year. How are the draft classes and does the game lose anything over the years of a franchise.

3) Should I really utilize the weekly prep?

4) I will play on ALL-PRO. Do I really need to make many slider adjustments.

5) How will the original XBOX version look on my HDTV

6) How do you save a franchise (I heard this can be a mystery at first)

I know there are tons of threads here but maybe some of you guys can point me in the right direction. I am very excited to really delve into this great game and I did make sure do get an XBOX copy as I heard it is night and day from the PS2 version I have.
XBOX Version is the way to go for sure!

1. Online has been shut down for original XBOX. There is a website, NFL2K5rosters.com where you can dl classic or modern rosters. All you need is an action replay kit to do this. I believe there is a sticky with step by step directions.

2. I am playing with defalut rosters right now and having fun. It all depends on you. I also have a 1992 Cowboys franchise and current.

3. I do. but I heard progression is scripted. Hopefully someone else can give more insight.

4. Depends on style of play. Check out the sliders in the slider section. Try some out and see what fits your style of play.

5. Awesome!!!!

6. Very easy. Go to save Franchise.

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Old 08-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
Banned

How can I play with a classic team in Franchise mode? I do notice I can edit a ton of classic teams availalbe (eg I will edit the 84 dolphins) I do I get those teams into the franchise mode?

Thanks for the reply too. I am geting pretty excited to jump into this game.

I checked out the action replay kit. Will it work on a Mac?

Last edited by Todem; 08-02-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:45 PM   #4
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7

www.nfl2k5rosters.com -This is a site created by Dolphin26 for us to download rosters.Check it out!

As for the action replay and Mac? I have no idea. I guess use the search feature to see if you can find the answer or maby a seasoned 2K vet knows the answer and can chime in.

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Old 08-03-2010, 07:35 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecmoZack
www.nfl2k5rosters.com -This is a site created by Dolphin26 for us to download rosters.Check it out!

As for the action replay and Mac? I have no idea. I guess use the search feature to see if you can find the answer or maby a seasoned 2K vet knows the answer and can chime in.
Anyone know the answer about Mac and the Action replay compatibility?

Really would appreciate it. I have searched around and can't seem to find an answer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 11:50 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 12

It seems to me that I read somewhere that it doesn't work. I will see if I can find where I read that at.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 08-04-2010, 12:40 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 12

Okay, I can't find it anywhere...I guess I am no help to you. Someone will chime in at some point for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 08-04-2010, 09:18 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
Okay, I can't find it anywhere...I guess I am no help to you. Someone will chime in at some point for you.

I guess I could just hit my brother-inlaws PC and downlaod the rosters. Not an issue really. I know plenty of people who would let me use their PC for a few minutes

So My last question would be how many roster files could that 16MB memory card on the action replay hold?

Last edited by Todem; 08-04-2010 at 03:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »