Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2003, 04:54 PM   #25
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2002
Re: Football Friday 7/25

Thats a dead link for me. I can't see anything.
QU_Kingpin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2003, 05:17 PM   #26
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Apr 2003
Re: Football Friday 7/25

is it just me, but while i was watching this clip, all i could hear myself saying was.."who cares!?!"

I don't care if i could watch ESPN commercials or play airhockey.

If the plasma tv let you watch your greatest highlights then i would be all for it, but it doesn't matter to me if what kind of posters I put on the wall of my house...or "crib"

This kinda reminds me of Madden's owners mode, which i hated, because i didn't care about popcorn prices or anything. Now ESPN is doing it with their crib mode.

The only explanation I can come up with for this is to tailor to a wider audience, the non-hardcore football enthusiasts.
Darth_Vader is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 05:27 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame
 
NYJets's Arena
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 18,339
Re: Football Friday 7/25

Quote:

Darth_Vader said:
is it just me, but while i was watching this clip, all i could hear myself saying was.."who cares!?!"

I don't care if i could watch ESPN commercials or play airhockey.

If the plasma tv let you watch your greatest highlights then i would be all for it, but it doesn't matter to me if what kind of posters I put on the wall of my house...or "crib"

This kinda reminds me of Madden's owners mode, which i hated, because i didn't care about popcorn prices or anything. Now ESPN is doing it with their crib mode.

The only explanation I can come up with for this is to tailor to a wider audience, the non-hardcore football enthusiasts.




It really isn't like Owners Mode at all. Owners mode is probably for for the hardcore people, who like doing all the management things. Crib Mode seems much more like Madden Cards, but from the sounds of it, look like it will be much better.
NYJets is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 07:58 PM   #28
Banned
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jul 2002
Re: Football Friday 7/25

Quote:

Darth_Vader said:
is it just me, but while i was watching this clip, all i could hear myself saying was.."who cares!?!"

I don't care if i could watch ESPN commercials or play airhockey.

If the plasma tv let you watch your greatest highlights then i would be all for it, but it doesn't matter to me if what kind of posters I put on the wall of my house...or "crib"

This kinda reminds me of Madden's owners mode, which i hated, because i didn't care about popcorn prices or anything. Now ESPN is doing it with their crib mode.

The only explanation I can come up with for this is to tailor to a wider audience, the non-hardcore football enthusiasts.




I can remember past years' reviews that said Sega's game played a good game of football, but it didn't have any extras. This year it has plenty of extras, so now there will be something else to complain about.
GTheorenHobbes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 08:44 PM   #29
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Apr 2003
Re: Football Friday 7/25

Quote:

GTheorenHobbes said:
Quote:

Darth_Vader said:
is it just me, but while i was watching this clip, all i could hear myself saying was.."who cares!?!"

I don't care if i could watch ESPN commercials or play airhockey.

If the plasma tv let you watch your greatest highlights then i would be all for it, but it doesn't matter to me if what kind of posters I put on the wall of my house...or "crib"

This kinda reminds me of Madden's owners mode, which i hated, because i didn't care about popcorn prices or anything. Now ESPN is doing it with their crib mode.

The only explanation I can come up with for this is to tailor to a wider audience, the non-hardcore football enthusiasts.




I can remember past years' reviews that said Sega's game played a good game of football, but it didn't have any extras. This year it has plenty of extras, so now there will be something else to complain about.




Well, first off, I hope you're not attributing me as one of the complainers who just complain about anything...cause i can say for sure that i'm not one of those.

Second, i'm all for having extras an goodies, but what does playing air hockey or watching ESPN commercials have anything to do with football. That's why I suggested that if they had highlight reels then that's acceptable to me.

Thirdly, I'm probably going to buy the game anyway, but as a consumer I would like to get my input in. If people know me then they know I don't just go in to complain and leave just for the sake of starting trouble.
Darth_Vader is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 09:54 PM   #30
Aka."Footballforever"
 
RoyalBoyle78's Arena
 
OVR: 46
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Yonkers N.Y.
Posts: 23,635
Re: Football Friday 7/25

Darth_Vader I say AMEN to that....Who cares
RoyalBoyle78 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 11:11 PM   #31
Banned
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jul 2002
Re: Football Friday 7/25

nah, I wasn't referring to you Darth. I was just speaking generally.
GTheorenHobbes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2003, 08:24 AM   #32
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Apr 2003
Re: Football Friday 7/25

Quote:

GTheorenHobbes said:
nah, I wasn't referring to you Darth. I was just speaking generally.



it's cool...but i also do know what you mean...some people just complain no matter what happens.
Darth_Vader is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:35 PM.

Top -