Home

CFL 2K12 (working title) (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)?

This is a discussion on CFL 2K12 (working title) (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2010, 12:14 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: So.... look what I found

OK OK guys I admit it.
I was had on this one....bamboozled...hoodwinked....
DAMN we are desperate for another football game......

Ben
Voodoo
Old 08-15-2010, 03:54 AM   #58
Ion6 Studios

OVR: 5
Re: CFL 2K12 (working title) (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)?

After following the situation from the 2004 I can say that EA won't renew both NFL and NCAA license.
The economical situation is very different now...

citing http://www.gofanboy.com/go-fanboy-ne...-2k-franchise:
There are also a couple other things to factor in here. The first, and most important, is that EA Sport’s exclusive contract with the NFL runs through the conclusion of the 2012 football season. The actual conclusion of that season is in February 2013 once a Super Bowl winner is crowned. EA has been shutting down studios left and right with massive restructuring and employee moves happening across the board. John Madden, the namesake for sport’s greatest franchise has retired and doesn’t have the same recognizability with younger gamers that he does with those raised on Sega Genesis to Playstation 2.

So be ready couse next 2K game will be with college or pro players...

Regards
PES 2014 (PC)
GTA V (Ps3)

Looking For:
PS4

Last edited by mauro78; 08-15-2010 at 04:14 AM.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:01 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31_OS
Usually in these cases they don't let something like this get close to expiring before they renew it.
No, but from a cynical point of view they could be doing it to screw with 2k. Of course that seems unlikely.

It's possible they are still negotiating a deal. Of course it's also possible 2k is negotiating a deal.

It will get very interesting if there's been no announcement either way by the time the bowl games end.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:04 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I believe that the college football license will no longer be exclusive. But I am not too sure if we'll see two college football games. I would love to see NCAA 2k12 or 2k13, whenever, but I don't know if 2k is willing to dive back into football. Part of me says yes because they known they still have their old fan base, but part of me thinks that 2k feels its fine making just NBA and MLB games.

I also believe the NFL license wont be exclusive after 2012? I think 2k would be more willing to jump on that than College.

Maybe 2k has been working on a football game all along and when they do get the chance to release a college game it will be amazing with every detail you can imagine. Maybe they went balls to the wall and have every FBS team's entrance and have generic entrances for all their FCS teams.

Who knows what is going on. I wish I knew and could share the info with everyone, but the reality is all we can do is just be hopeful. I'm hoping 2k has been working on a game all along and will surprise us with a college game to prep everyone up for their nFL game the following year.

I can dream, right?

― Plato
Old 08-15-2010, 09:44 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 24

But it was also mentioned in another thread that 2k's NCAA football game(forget the year it came out) sucked.

Hopefully they learned from whatever they did wrong then.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 10:11 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

2k's college football games were made by an entirely different company than their NFL games. If they hop into the college scene, those who worked on 2k5 will be who make it.

― Plato
Old 08-16-2010, 04:58 AM   #63
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Maybe 2k has been working on a football game all along and when they do get the chance to release a college game it will be amazing with every detail you can imagine. Maybe they went balls to the wall and have every FBS team's entrance and have generic entrances for all their FCS teams.
I wouldn't be surprised if 2k were working on something. Whether they are working based on an assumption that they'll get the license is another matter. The most likely idea is that they're working on perfecting the engine from 2k8, and adding support for option plays, which would be needed for a college game.

As I said earlier, it is getting very late for EA to renew the license, but they may just be waiting to see if 2k are willing to take it before renewing it if they are.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:56 PM   #64
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Remember this talk starting a year or so before APF came about...nice to see them starting again. Just hope it actually means something again this time. Would love more competition in the Football world between EA and 2k...look what its doing for Basketball...also would be nice in Baseball. 2 games I really really want from 2k is a NFL Football game and a College Basketball game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »