Home

Am I the only one shaking my head....

This is a discussion on Am I the only one shaking my head.... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2003, 03:29 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Am I the only one shaking my head....

Quote:

Stevo said:
I think everyone should play "Crib" mode before judging it. And people should also play "Owner mode" before saying all your doing is selling hotdogs and popcorn.

Don't jump to conclusions. I've said enough to get my point out, I'm going to wait until ESPN and Madden comes out before judging it.

I agree. Owners Mode in Madden looks a lot better than I first thought when I heard about it. I just don't have the time to devote to that mode the way some other guys do. If I've got an hour to play at night, I want to spend that hour on the field. It does look very deep though, and I'm sure that guys who like fantasy football will love it.

I also like everything that I've read so far about the Crib. When I first read about it, I gave it an F rating. My opinions completely changed (its good not to have a closed mind), and I am really looking forward to having my music play in the stadium.
Old 07-26-2003, 06:56 PM   #34
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6

For the Crib, Against Crib...
For Madden Cards, Against Madden Cards...
Is anyone here FOR a football game?
I don't get it. These games are from the same genre... Sports. And some people don't want to play a sports game? This is weird to me. I mean, if you like first person shooters, will you buy Doom3 AND HalfLife 2? OR, will you only buy one great game, and pis on the other great game?
Someone clue me in to this "[censored you naughty boy]" stuff. Because I thought it was cool to be a fan of the sport. Not one particular game. I'm getting them both because I like football. I like racing games too so I'll be picking up both GT4 and Project Gotham 2. And somehow, I don't feel this urge to just buy one of them, and shower the net with filth about the one I didn't buy.
Recognize when a game is good/great, and do all you can to get all of them. Because we are fans of football... right?
Bubba4
Old 07-26-2003, 10:15 PM   #35
MVP

SportsAce's Arena

OVR: 13

Its not that bad of an idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2003, 09:16 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

I couldn't agree more with Bubba. I too, will be getting both. They're both going to kick major A$$.
Old 07-27-2003, 11:44 AM   #37
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

once i saw those screen shots and the movies Steve put up, i was hooked into buying this game. Crib mode is just eye candy. doesn't hinder this game at all. i think all of this has been overblown to the fullest. Madden and ESPN for me this year

Old 07-27-2003, 12:03 PM   #38
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Well said, bubba4 . I couldn't agree more. As for "the crib", although I think it's one of the lamest ideas I've heard in a long while, I would not consider it to be a deal breaker. If the gameplay is good, everything else becomes a non-issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »