Home

I find this so funny........

This is a discussion on I find this so funny........ within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2003, 03:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
I find this so funny........

I was just browsing thru different sites & reading some of the posts on NCAA 2004. Some of the players (not all) were complaining about throwing too many picks because of the db coverage/secondary coverage. I rented it about one week ago & the first thing that jump out at me was that in the gameplay dept. EA has take many notes from VC. Flame if ya will but I played NCAA 2003 extensively last/this year & really noticed the difference in the 2004 version.

Well back to the topic, these posters are now saying on how realistic the game now plays because you have to read defenses, coverages, & actually play the game like a game of football. Aren't these mostly the same people who claimed that 2k3 was too hard & not realistic because of the
learning curve? Now that NCAA & probably Madden has taken the gameplay approach of VC many of them think that this is all brand new. Same situation with the playmaker control. VC just can't win for losing no matter what they innovate, create it seems that as long as EA has that stranglehold on the market they will always be second to EA Sports. Any comments?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2003, 03:42 PM   #2
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: I find this so funny........

I find this to be true...HOWEVER I think that a good percentage of those that play NCAA are more into the college game then the pro game and just buy Madden if they feel the need for a pro game.

Sega isn't even on their mind because there isn't any real precsence from them from an advertising standpoint. I also think that when people prefer one product over another it will cloud their judgement about other things so it's a hopeless situation to even try to get the kudos VC deserves.

Now I think reviewers should at least point out that NCAA/MADDEN has taken a page from VC but most reviews out there are so putrid and mind numbing that you can only hope for an informative review.
Old 07-29-2003, 03:43 PM   #3
Pro

FSU_Animal's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

mackandmoon said:
I was just browsing thru different sites & reading some of the posts on NCAA 2004. Some of the players (not all) were complaining about throwing too many picks because of the db coverage/secondary coverage. I rented it about one week ago & the first thing that jump out at me was that in the gameplay dept. EA has take many notes from VC. Flame if ya will but I played NCAA 2003 extensively last/this year & really noticed the difference in the 2004 version.

Well back to the topic, these posters are now saying on how realistic the game now plays because you have to read defenses, coverages, & actually play the game like a game of football. Aren't these mostly the same people who claimed that 2k3 was too hard & not realistic because of the
learning curve? Now that NCAA & probably Madden has taken the gameplay approach of VC many of them think that this is all brand new. Same situation with the playmaker control. VC just can't win for losing no matter what they innovate, create it seems that as long as EA has that stranglehold on the market they will always be second to EA Sports. Any comments?

Edit: I'm really edgy right now. I erased what I wrote. It's your own opinion, so whatever. I'm extremely high on hyrdroxycut and have no way of working off the anxiety.

Plus...I'm probably edgy because I get to go to the Linkin Park concert tonight!!!
Old 07-29-2003, 03:45 PM   #4
Rookie

Really, there is no need for comments. Everything you said rings true to me, EA and its supporters will reluctantly if not ever give VC credit for anything.

The good thing is that ESPN Football is such a credible option, EA has to continue to evolve its franchise. This in the LONG run is best for both titles...
Old 07-29-2003, 03:46 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 17

Come on FSU no need to do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2003, 03:52 PM   #6
Pro

FSU_Animal's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

bdoughty said:
Come on FSU no need to do that.

I know....I apologized (I think I did in some sort of way)

I need my football....football....football...football....

Did I just type that many times....see....my fingers won't stop typing.

I am extremely edgy right now as I want my football games and I want to go see my favorite band of all time. I'm tired of waiting.....ahhhhhhhhh......see even that won't get rid of the edgyness......must have football....must leave work......get off work in 30 minutes.....want my music now.....ahhhhhh......I'm going nuts here just waiting.....

It's always waiting for stuff.......I have no patience any more......

Plus, I think I'm getting nervous about my wedding coming up in less than two weeks (11 days). Please excuse me....I'm having a nervous breakdown.....
Old 07-29-2003, 03:54 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 17

Thank you
Old 07-29-2003, 03:55 PM   #8
Rookie

kirkhart's Arena

I'm confused...are you saying that since the DB AI is improved in NCAA 2004, EA copied VC? How? Did they incorporate any specific things from the Sega football series? It seems to me that EA just listened to some valid complaints about the DB play and improved it. I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that they stole a page from VC. So, if VC improves the running animations in ESPN Football this year, they've copied EA? I just don't understand what the point of your post is, other than to bash NCAA/Madden. The Sega-only fans and their conspiracy theories get worse and worse everyday....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »