Home

Old 07-27-2003, 11:55 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: That was crap

Quote:

BigRol said:
What the hell was that.

That had to be the worst review that I have ever seen in my life time.

I mean come on, a one page review and most of that was taken up by pics. A review that has little or no detail on the game it's self.

I know that this was thier option but at least make it an in depth one.

They need to be

wasnt even a page, was half a page, i just blew it up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2003, 04:25 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: EGM Review Article

I didnt know NFL2k4 went gold. I dont see how EGM have a reviewable copy yet. The review was a joke. No, mention on db ai, playbooks, etc. It takes weeks to really get into a game with all the features but they play for an hour and made a review.
Old 07-28-2003, 04:55 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 10

This review was posted but without the scanned page. Thanks BlaQStaR_26 for posting the page.

This has been one of the worst reviews so far. I think the three mini-reviews would work for other games but sports games should get one in-depth review from one person so we can get a better feel for what they hated or liked about the game. These 3 just gave a small summary on the game and gave ESPN some wack scores. I also think we should know the list of game these reviewers have done in the past that way we have some idea if they're idiots or not.
Old 07-28-2003, 08:58 AM   #28
All Star

OVR: 32

I especially don't understand the second reviewer. He says that while FPM is a gimmick, "the heart of the game delivers". Ok, last time I checked, the heart of a game was kind of important, right? Surely FPM couldn't be a reason to take away 2.5 points, right? He didn't name any other flaws.

They should be taken out back and shot.
Old 07-28-2003, 09:27 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

If you think that all these reviewers are wrong/stupid/biased etc., why do you bother reading them? You're not gonna be happy unless someone gives it a good score otherwise you'll disagree no matter what they say. If you think it's a 9.5, then that's all that matters right? I mean you're still gonna buy the game anyway right?
Old 07-28-2003, 09:33 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

If ya'll wanna tell the EGM editors how you feel go to EGM message board . They usually drop by there to read the messages. Sometimes they even post them on there magazine
Old 07-28-2003, 09:42 AM   #31
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

jistic said:
If you think that all these reviewers are wrong/stupid/biased etc., why do you bother reading them? You're not gonna be happy unless someone gives it a good score otherwise you'll disagree no matter what they say. If you think it's a 9.5, then that's all that matters right? I mean you're still gonna buy the game anyway right?

I have only 3 problems with the reviews:

1. With the lead time these print mags need for reviews, I would definitely say that they reviewed a copy of the game that was no where near ready.

2. They give low marks, but no real reasons outside of "FPM makes me dizzy"? Whah? Don't these guys normally run down why such a big dip in the score?

3. EACH of them coming at an angle from Madden. Don't they realize that the game isn't Madden. If it were, then it wouldn't be needed would it? To me, that shows a STRONG hint of bias.

None of these reviews mention what Sega broke from 2k3 to warrant a lower score. From all accounts, they've fixed all the big issues from 2k3 and added tons of options. I just don't get it. We've all seen FPM. I have a hard time believing that it's a "total failure". That guy much be the beta7 cat...

Oh well. To score that game this way compared to what I played at E3 tells me that Sega did something to piss them off, or EA did something to make them happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2003, 07:16 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

BlaQStaR_26 said:
Quote:

K_GUN said:
not a good read anyway.

dude says FPM is boring

WTF?!

It probably gets old real quick

Owners mode will too. But they acted like it was the best thing in the world.

Now i am buying both games this year but don't say stupid stuff like that, owners mode in the future franchise mode, it should be in every game, and it's going to be a lot better than FPM. but anyways they didn't rate it that high, hopefully it was an early copy and this game will rock

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »