Home

Question about the speed factor in the game to those who played it.

This is a discussion on Question about the speed factor in the game to those who played it. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2003, 08:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Question about the speed factor in the game to those who played it.

Now are the rb's, wr's and qb's speed going to be a big issue in this game. I have seen alot of the vids and they seem to be able to outrun alot of the defensive players quite a bit. I know that last years game had alot of complaint concerning defensive players catching up to the offensive players all the time. But do you guys think that they over tweaked it to where when you break out into the open field that there will be no way for anyone from the defensive backfield to catch up with them?

From the vids that I am seeing I think that this year we will see alot of HUGE runs from alot of the offensive players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2003, 08:55 PM   #2
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Question about the speed factor in the game to those who played it.

Not sure if it'll be that big of a factor. I'm sure all of the videos are of rookie mode. It'll be hard to say until we get the game, and get some playing time in. I hope the breakaway speed is there. I just hope it isn't too much.
Old 07-29-2003, 12:16 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

VC is trying to make the game playable ion rookie mode for peeps who are used to madden. When those maddenites play it in the stores on rookie difficulty, they will get excited because of more scoring compared to last year, They will buy the game and take it home. feeling confident, they will go to the next difficulty level and realized they cant score no more. But it will be to late because they were so inticed by the cutscene and graphics that they will have to learn how to play
Old 07-29-2003, 12:17 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

What, you mean you don't want it to be like... breakaway speed is to ESPN as momentum is to Madden?
Old 07-29-2003, 01:35 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

I'd wager that there's a slider to adjust this to your liking, so I wouldn't be too concerned. Last year you could adjust the "stamina" slider which affected yds after the catch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2003, 09:45 AM   #6
MVP

Kodiak33's Arena

OVR: 8

Well the difficulty I had it set on was Pro. When you change the difficulty, the sliders change. Everything is affected by the sliders (which is a good thing IMO). There is alot of sliders too! Sometime, I wish sports games would have a tune file kinda like High Heat did on the PC where you could alter everything about the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »