Home

my impression of espn football i played it sat july 26

This is a discussion on my impression of espn football i played it sat july 26 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!
Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 08:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
my impression of espn football i played it sat july 26

i had a chance to play the game because my buddy is a project manager at vc!
ITS A VERY VERY VERY DIFFERENT GAME FROM NFL 2K3 ALL FANS OF THIS GAME WILL HAVE A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF LEARNING TO DO BECAUSE OF ALL THE CHANGES THAT WERE MADE IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME. THE CHARGE SYSTEM AND THE NEW JUKE MOVES HAVE A WHOLE NEW TIMING ELEMENT THAT ORIGINAL 2K FANS WILL HAVE TO GET USE TO. SO ILL BREAK DOWN EVERY AREA FIRST WITH OFFENSE

1. THE RUNNING GAME

THE RUNNING GAME IS VERY EXPLOSIVE NOW ON MY FIRST PLAY FROM SCRIMMAGE CHARLIE GARNER BROKE A 60 YRD TOUCHDOWN RUN AND SPEED IS A REAL FACTOR SO ITS ALOT EASIER TO TAKE A RUN TO THE HOUSE COMPARED TO PREVIOUS YRS.

2. PASSING.
THE PASSING GAME IS ALSO A BIT TOUGHER THAN USUAL I WENT 2 DRIVES WITHOUT COMPLETING A PASS. THE RECIEVER DROPPED A FEW BALLS AND SOME OF THEM WERE A RESULT OF BAD PASSES ALSO IF YOU HATE THE MADDEN DROP BACK 30 YRDS AND THROW GLITCH ITS NOT IN ESPN NFL FOOTBALL, IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY AT YOUR PASS PROTECTION ITS THE MOST REALISTIC FOOTBALL PASSING YOUVE EVER SEEN.... THE POCKET FORMS AROUND THE QUARTERBACK AND THE QB HAS TO STEP UP IN THE POCKET TO GET THE PASS OFF IF YOU TRY TO ROLL OUT WITH A QB THATS NOT LIKE MICHAEL VICK YOU WILL GET CRUSHED....ALSO SPEAKING OF MICHAEL VICK HES ALMOST UNSTOPPABLE ON THE GAME HE DOESNT BREAK TACKLES BUT HES SO FAST THAT IF YOU SCRAMBLE WITH HIM ITS ALMOST CHEATING!

3. BLOCKING

THE PASS BLOCKING ITS RIDICULOUS ITS SO REALISTIC..NO LONGER DOES YOUR OFFENSIVE LINE BLOCK FOREVER IF YOU HOLD THE BALL TOO LONG YOU WILL GET SACKED ALSO THE RUN BLOCKING IS GREATLY IMPROVED NOW PLAYS LIKE ROLL OUTS AND MISDIRECTIONS AND SCREENS ACTUALLY WORK.

DEFENSE

1. RUN DEFENSE
YOU HAVE TO REALLY DEDICATE YOUR EFFORTS TO STOP THE RUN NO MORE STOPPING THE RUN WITH A NICKEL MAN DEFENSE BECAUSE THE RUNNING BACK WILL MORE THAN LIKELY JUKE THE FIRST DEFENDER SO NOW ITS MORE NECESSARY TO GANG TACKLE AND FOCUS ON STOPPING THE RUN BECAUSE IN THE PAST I USED THE NICKEL MAN IN NFL2K AND MADDEN AND RUN THE SAME D ALL GAME AND STOP BOTH THE RUN AND THE PASS BUT THAT IDEA IS LONG GONE...IF YOU TAKE OUT A LB FOR A DB THAT WILL KILL YOU RUN SUPPORT AND A OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OR FULLBACK WILL CRUSH THE SMALL DB MAKING IT EASIER TO RUN ON YOU.

2. PASS DEFENSE

MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH IMPROVED NOW ZONE DEFENSES WORK BETTER BECAUSE THE DBS PLAY SMARTER SO IF A QB IS RUNNING ON YOU TOO MUSCH YOU CAN SWITCH TO A ZONE TO KEEP THE QB IN FRONT OF YOU SO THATS A GREAT IMPROVEMENT. ALSO IF YOU ATTEMPT TO THROW THE BALL IN A CROWD YOU WILL PROBABLY GET IT PICKED. ALSO CORNERBACKS THAT SUPPORT THE RUN WILL COME UP AND CRACK YOUR RB I PLAYED THE RAIDERS AND I RAN TOWARDS CHARLES WOODSON AND REPEATEDLY WAS TACKLED BUT WHEN I RAN TO PHILIP BUCHANANON SIDE I WAS ABLE TO GET FREE.

4. PASS RUSH

THIS IS WHERE THE GAME HAS TAKING MANY STRIDES THE PASS RUSH IS RELENTLESS ESPECIALLY IF YOU BLITZ THIS YRS GAME WILL MAKE YOU KEEP BACKS IN TO BLOCK AUDIBLE AND USE EVERY FACET OF THE GAME!

MODES

1. FIRST PERSON FOOTBALL

ITS A FEATURE THATS GOING TO TAKE SOME GETTING USE TO WHEN I PLAYED IT IT WAS KINDA TOUGH IT LOOKS GREAT FEELS GREAT AND ITS VERY INTENSE BUT ITS NOT FOR THE NOVICE YOULL HAVE TO REALLY SIT DOWN AND PRACTICE ALSO IT DOES ACTUALLY FEEL LIKE YOUR ON THE FIELD I PLAYED FOOTBALL IN SCHOOL AND THE FIRST PERSON MODE GIVES ME GOOSEBUMPS.

2.THE CRIB

COMPLETELY AWESOME I THOUGHT THIS WAS GOING TO BE A BUNCH OF CRAP BUT THIS FEATURE MAKES THIS GAME LAST LONGER THAN MADDEN BECAUSE OF ALL THE EXTRA FEATURES THAT CAN BE UNLOCKED FOR EVERY SPECIFIC TEAM SO IMAGINE THIS.....IF YOU WIN THE SUPERBOWL WITH THE RAIDERS YOULL MORE THAN LIKELY ONLY COLLECT ALOT OF RAIDER MEMORABILIA. BUT REMEMBER THERE 32 TEAMS IN THE NFL SO CAN YOU SAY REPLAY VALUE?

BELLS AND WHISTLES

GRAPHICS

THE BEST EVER MADE SMOKING THE COMPETITON IF MADDEN HAS THE BEST GAMEPLAY SEGA DEFINETELY HAS THE LOOKS HANDS DOWN

PRESENTATION

IF YOU EVER WATCHED ESPN SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL SEGA HAS GONE THE DISTANCE WHEN IT CAME TO PRESENTATION IN THIS GAME ON A SCALE OF 1 TO 10 ITS A 15 THE CUTSCENES ARE STUPIFYING!

CONCLUSION

THIS GAME IS FAR MORE ADVANCED THAN LAST YRS INSTALLMENT AND SOME FANS MIGHT BE A LITTLE FRUSTRATED BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO DO A LITTLE LEARNING..... BUT FOR A MADDEN FAN IT WILL BE A EASY TRANSITION FO THEM BECAUSE THE GAME HAS TAKEN THE GOOD MADDEN ASPECTS AND MIXED THEM WITH THE GOOD NFL2K ASPECTS TO CREATE WHAT IS PROBABLY THE BEST FOOTBALL GAME TO BE PRODUCED SO.... IF SEPT 2,03 ISNT MARKED ON YOUR CALENDER? CIRCLE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DISCLAIMER........... THIS WAS NOT A FINAL VERSION OF THE GAME SO MINOR GAMEPLAY TWEAKS COULD STILL BE IN THE WORKS..

thearsonist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2003, 08:53 PM   #2
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: my impression of espn football i played it sat july 26

Caps lock is your friend, and I believe this was already posted by another poster. And you could remove the orginal posters name from the bottom when trying to pass it off as your own.
Old 07-28-2003, 09:07 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 11

yeah thats from football-gaming.com forums
Old 07-28-2003, 09:08 PM   #4
-

Karlos05's Arena

OVR: 17

I suggest you find it
Old 07-28-2003, 09:10 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

Karlos05 said:

I suggest you find it

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2003, 09:11 PM   #6
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:

Karlos05 said:

I suggest you find it

I, actually suggest he not steal from someone else. And I suggest the guy that he stole this from find the cap button.
Old 07-28-2003, 09:11 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

HAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA
Hes a moron. he forgot to erase the signature on the bottom of the page when he copied and pasted it. wat a fool
Old 07-28-2003, 09:14 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 21

Maybe it is the same guy that posted over at Football Gaming. I don't think the guy over there explained how he had gotten to play it though.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »