Home

Sega marketing skills are top notch this year

This is a discussion on Sega marketing skills are top notch this year within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-29-2003, 10:46 AM   #25
MVP

jujuhound's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Sega marketing skills are top notch this year

Quote:

Graphik said:
Hell, you might not see a Sega commercial on ESPN until the season starts. Sega needs to do something instead of sitting on thier hands catering to internet junkies. I guess thier being cheap and tryna save money by giving out information for free on the internet hoping that word of mouth will help them sell copies.

I saw a Sega commercial on ESPN this morning while I was watching SportsCenter. It lasted all of 5-10 seconds. It showed about 2 seconds (if that) of the First Person Football, and then flashed to the cover with "IN Stores September 4th" next to it in big letters. The gameplay footage was so brief that I would need to see it again before I could even tell who was playing. I hope the commercials get a lot better soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2003, 10:52 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 14

Yeah, my friend claimed that about 2 weeks ago he saw this really short commercial like that that had Warren Sapp saying some stuff, and it showed some gameplay stuff, and said ESPN NFL Football or something.

By the way, I'm not lying... he really did tell me that, I just don't know if he's lying.
Old 07-29-2003, 10:55 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Sega hasn't done any marketing yet, so I don't really see how they are doing a goood job. Football Friday gets people who are already getting the game excited. That's pretty much it. We'll see what they do with comercials and stuff, because that is what is going to sell games.

That said, I see a lot of people freaking out that there haven't been any comercials yet. Why?? I haven't seen any Madden comercials yet besides during the draft, and it comes out 3 weeks earlier. ESPN is still over a month away from releasing, but people are acting like they should have started advertising months ago. They need to start soon, but they aren't running out of time.
Old 07-29-2003, 10:57 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 14

I've only seen ONE Madden commercial ONCE, and it was a commercial just for the GameCube version. Just to check the date on my watch, it was the 15th of July, exactly one month before it's release date. Is that when they started making the commercials?
Old 07-29-2003, 10:57 AM   #29
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Cool, so at least you know its starting. They just need to get the ball rolling fulltime.
Old 07-29-2003, 10:58 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

bdoughty said:

#1 IT IS NOT THEIR GAME. You need to get that to sink in first before anything else will makes sense. It is Sega's game. Sega pays ESPN for the use if it's name, sounds, personalities. Sega does this in the hope that the ESPN license will make their game more popular.

It's not just a simple liscensing deal. It's definately a partnership. A partnership in the early growing stages but a partnership nonetheless between Sega,Disney and ESPN. You think Sega is putting up the serious money needed for Wieden Kennedy to do the upcoming Sega Sports ad campaign?

Old 07-29-2003, 11:07 AM   #31
MVP

jujuhound's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

MuffinMcFluffin said:
Yeah, my friend claimed that about 2 weeks ago he saw this really short commercial like that that had Warren Sapp saying some stuff, and it showed some gameplay stuff, and said ESPN NFL Football or something.

By the way, I'm not lying... he really did tell me that, I just don't know if he's lying.

I don't think Warren Sapp was in the commercial that I saw, except for his ugly grill on the cover. I was eating breakfast, so I may have missed part of it, but I don't think so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2003, 11:24 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

CLASSIFIED said:
Somewhere maybe an interview I read that this year ESPN is gonna flood the market with advertising sometime in august. Also about Madden telling all and showing all there stuff already he has a point about that spoiling the surprise factor. It has dwindled down about Owner mode and hardly any talk about playmaker which EA said is revolutionary. Madden still 2 weeks away but it feels old already now that every1 has seen everything in it. It feels like ESPN is hiding things and not elaborating into heavy detail a lot but , maybe that's a good thing like what if there is yet still some secretes they don't want to share yet, or are saving them for commercials to were we get more amped up about this game. I've heard everything about Madden but, I still am craving info about ESPN. Actually I hope they don't release videos showing off the Whoa stuff and do it in the commercials in a creative way showing off the eyepopping stuff that makes you stop thinkin straight for 2 seconds about what just happened. There's already a buzz about ESPN that is still going, but imagin the buzz if they show something never seen yet or done before in a football video game in a commercial and show it on a cleverly orchastrated day. People will return thier Madden cuz it got old fast and impatiently await ESPN to hit selves. I wouldn't count Sega out yet cuz right now they are doing the smart thing by not telling all, showing all there stuff and waiting to hit us hard later with fresh new info while Madden is just in its first week of sales. Then all the sudden a big buzz about ESPN comes up again, people start to talk about it like hold up I need to see more about this cuz I haven't seen this about ESPN Football yet.

That's all good and true..... In theory.... Let's just hope Sega is as smart as we want them to be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »