Home

Sega marketing skills are top notch this year

This is a discussion on Sega marketing skills are top notch this year within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2003, 01:16 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Sega marketing skills are top notch this year

Sega marketing skills is amazing this year. Instead of spilling their guts like EA did. Sega is taking their time so it could sink in. They want to kill us with anticipation and they are doing a good job at it. like the football friday thing is the worst because you have to wait every friday to find out wat else is in the game instead of one big preview. To make it worst, they keep big secrets like crib mode and fpm till the last month till release time so they could make stupid reviewers who already wrote their reviewers early look like biased morons. if they really have one more secret about the franchise mode. i mean something as dramatic as fpm, i dont think anybody will buy madden. This is why. Madden already told us everything about their game. Everything about the owner's mode. when i mean everything i mean everything. They even have a tutorial before the game comes out. Stuff like you can sell popcorn is suppose to be a suprise in my opinion. I dont want to know everything that is in a game without playing it yet. Part of buying a game is exploring the menus and seeing new amazing stuff and saying . That is why i m renting Madden dis year(to wait for ESPN football) because even if i buy the game i feel i had it for a while considering that its the same game with updated roster and a Simcity feature(Owner's mode). Another great marketing feature is how they picked the release date. they wanted everybody see all that Madden has. They wanted them to get excited about Owner mode and all the extra bull**** so they will get tired of it be4 ESPN football comes out. They will do this with a barrage of commercials. Dont you think it is marketing advantage that Espn Football commercial are going to be showing when Madden comes out. When those Maddenites are bout to turn on their Xbox or PS2 to play Madden 2k4. The commercial will come on. And you kno Espn will show it every 10mins. FOR GOD'S SAKE ESPN NFL FOOTBALL HAS THEIR OWN DAMN CHANNEL. you will see this commercial on ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN CLASSIC, ESPN NOW, ESPN NEWS i could keep going. The commercial could be has long as movies since ESPN football is an ESPN game. The best marketing Strategy of all is the fact that they going to show their commercials on the Bucs vs Dolphins preseason game on ESPN. You kno everyone is going watch that game like its the Superbowl because it is the first game after the long wait for some football. its going to all ESPN football commercials because there is no way ESPN will let Madden show theirs.

THE TRUTH:if you switch the last year games that Madden was made by Sega and Nfl2k3 was made by EA. we will be talking bout madden as much as we talk about Qb club because Madden is a bad game with good marketing.

im the only one dat thinks dis. oppose me with ur comments
Dapo
KUDOS TO SEGA :
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2003, 01:22 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 17
Re: Sega marketing skills are top notch this year

So how many Sega commercials have you seen so far for ESPN NFL Football on the ESPN networks for this years game?

Now count all the commercials you have seen for NCAA 2004 and Madden 2004 on ESPN so far this year. Remember Madden was covered a ton during the draft on which channels?

You see the reality is ESPN can be affiliated with Sega and you can consider that a wise marketing move, yet someone has to pay ESPN to advertise their game on those channels? I can assure you ESPN is not giving away a bunch of free air time for Sega because they are on the cover.
Old 07-29-2003, 01:23 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

You... wrote this yourself, right? I mean, you didn't copy some... guy... right Dapo?

JK

Yeah, hopefully they start commercials August 1st!!!

I wonder if that guy's idea of the commercial will be one. It better be!
Old 07-29-2003, 01:26 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:

bdoughty said:
So how many Sega commercials have you seen so far for ESPN NFL Football on the ESPN networks for this years game?

Now count all the commercials you have seen for NCAA 2004 and Madden 2004 on ESPN so far this year. Remember Madden was covered a ton during the draft on which channels?

You see the reality is ESPN can be affiliated with Sega and you can consider that a wise marketing move, yet someone has to pay ESPN to advertise their game on those channels? I can assure you ESPN is not giving away a bunch of free air time for Sega because they are on the cover.

you will be very suprised how air time they will get. even if they dont give them a whole bunch of free air time. They will give them the key air time. The Bucs vs Jets game. the first football game of the season. thats key.
Old 07-29-2003, 01:28 AM   #5
Pro

HEll yea i aint those lil plagairizers like robert45.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2003, 01:29 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 17

Yes like all the air time ESPN gave Sega last year?
Old 07-29-2003, 01:30 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 14

He never plagiarized, people just believe that he didn't play the game when he said that he did, and we are about to get some info here.

But that other guy was pretty bad that did plagiarize.
Old 07-29-2003, 01:37 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:

bdoughty said:

Madden has converted a lot of people. Even i was amazed by the owners mode when i first heard about it but the tried to hard.there are no anticipation no suprises no more. that takes the fun out of it. if you read the Madden forum and Espn football forum, you will see a big difference. Peeps in the Madden forums are not asking about the gameplay, owner's mode or playmaker feature no more, they are asking about team ratings and player ratings. in the ESPN football forum, we still trying to find out the secret about the franchise mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »