Home

Old 07-29-2003, 03:07 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: ESPN comercial just showed on espn

I'm sure Madden [censored you naughty boy] are going to tell their friends to stop watching ESPN just so they don't get the game.
Old 07-29-2003, 03:22 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 7

Yep, I'm watching the NFL Yearbooks on ESPN and saw the commercial. It shows first person mode and then shows the release. Very nice to see Sega start their advertising early!

CRH
Old 07-29-2003, 09:53 PM   #11
All Star

OVR: 32

I just saw it too... Seemed kind of lame. Hopefully they'll improve greatly in the coming months.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2003, 10:15 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

I saw it during sportscenter.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:02 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

In advertising, especially with the product far from release, sometimes the best approach is the "less is more" approach. As they get closer, they'll do more, of course.

If I were them, I'd stick with the curiousity approach, and have little clips of first-person mode going on...little blips of some of the more critical action plays (maybe a 4th and goal slant pattern, or a 4th-and-one over-the-top play).

Another way to get someone's eye is to run one of those Halo-esque ads...with the climatic music in the background, slow things down a little...something that comes off as curious AND classy like that will pique some interest.

Just my $.02...but if ESPN wants to do something to get their game some more press, they'd take a different approach to promoting the game. The ESPN name has generally been bad business for games in the past anyway (ie bad gameplay, low sales; I know Sega wasn't involved them, but people are A) stupid and don't put two and two together, and B) don't forget)...so will that connotation hurt?

Definitely a lot to think about. The ad approach they take will definitely be interesting to follow.

-John
Old 07-30-2003, 05:33 AM   #14
MVP

wayne23's Arena

Just caught it last night. The footage was pretty fast. It shwoed a FPM clip. Dam that was a quick commercial...
Old 07-30-2003, 05:36 AM   #15
All Star

Quote:

MuffinMcFluffin said:
I'm sure Madden [censored you naughty boy] are going to tell their friends to stop watching ESPN just so they don't get the game.

I'm sure ESPN [fill in the blank] will one day stop caring about what Madden fans are doing. Well, I can dream can't I?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2003, 06:24 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 10

I would do a commercial and have them show a slow-motion pass or run play for a TD and use the narration, music and camera angles they use in NFL Films.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »