Home

Is updating your roster online considered modding?

This is a discussion on Is updating your roster online considered modding? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2010, 06:13 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Is updating your roster online considered modding?

First off, let me say how happy I am to finally own ESPN NFL 2K5. I've played Madden for most of the last 20 years, but haven't really liked some of the stuff they have been doing the last 5 years or so(and that's putiing it nicely). I've tried to find copies of 2K5 before but with no luck. Now that I have one, I wish I would have swithched over back in 05.
Now I want to get my rosters updated. Does anyone know if Xbox Live considers this modding? I know they can be really quick to ban people, so I want to find out before hand. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Is updating your roster online considered modding?

If you happen to get a lag-free game online, you won't be able to use anything but the stock rosters they allow, i.e., their last update.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:26 PM   #3
Banned

I just meant for offline play in my franchise.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:29 AM   #4
Rookie

SteelCityChamp's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochocinco7
First off, let me say how happy I am to finally own ESPN NFL 2K5. I've played Madden for most of the last 20 years, but haven't really liked some of the stuff they have been doing the last 5 years or so(and that's putiing it nicely). I've tried to find copies of 2K5 before but with no luck. Now that I have one, I wish I would have swithched over back in 05.
Now I want to get my rosters updated. Does anyone know if Xbox Live considers this modding? I know they can be really quick to ban people, so I want to find out before hand. Thanks.
Go here to get new rosters and also older classic rosters and franchise files: http://www.nfl2k5rosters.com/

I don't know if XBox live considers it modding or not but you can save different rosters if you like.
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers
CBB - NC Tarheels
Bundesliga - FC Bayern Munich
MLS - Seattle Sounders
Old 08-22-2010, 11:35 PM   #5
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Sorry, it wasn't clear. XBL wouldn't allow you online w/ modded rosters. Pretty sure you're safe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 01:44 PM   #6
Banned

ok thanks. here's another newb question...what is the difference between the roster files and the franchise files? I want to make sure I get the right one.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:48 PM   #7
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Roster files are just that. If you don't load a roster file, the game will utilize the discs default rosters. You load a given roster file to take into whatever you're going to do..... even scrimmage. Franchise is the season or multi-season, depending on what you're going to do. Thanks to Finn's great editor, you can set up the franchise to reflect the most recent schedule, though it requires starting a franchise, saving that file, AR'ing it to your pc, taking that franchise file into the editor, assigning the particular schedule you're wanting, saving that back to the AR file, taking that file back into your Xbox from the AR mem card. Then, saving it as a franchise to your HDD. That whole process shouldn't take longer than 15-20 mins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »