Home

Damn VC is aiming for perfection on the player's face

This is a discussion on Damn VC is aiming for perfection on the player's face within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-29-2003, 03:32 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Damn VC is aiming for perfection on the player\'s face

Quote:

DueceDiggla said:
I appreciate the work VC puts into their games, but to be honest, a players face especially in football really doesn’t matter. Yeah its cool when you do the instant replay thing and zoom up to the player, but other than that when do you get close enough during a game to see anything under the face mask? I'm not saying I don't like it, but it wouldn't be that much of a problem if the faces weren't as detailed. Those pics are pretty though..

Hahaahaaaa Ea got you brainwashed. That excuse worked bac in the playstation 1 era when they didnt have enough power. but now with the xbox, that pure BULL [censored you naughty boy]!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2003, 03:47 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

When you see a player potrait on-line at ESPN, and it's about an inch big, all a developer gets when they pay for an NFL license is a higher resolution version of that "Official" NFL portrait.
Old 07-29-2003, 03:49 PM   #27
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:

Dapo said:
Quote:

DueceDiggla said:
I appreciate the work VC puts into their games, but to be honest, a players face especially in football really doesn’t matter. Yeah its cool when you do the instant replay thing and zoom up to the player, but other than that when do you get close enough during a game to see anything under the face mask? I'm not saying I don't like it, but it wouldn't be that much of a problem if the faces weren't as detailed. Those pics are pretty though..

Hahaahaaaa Ea got you brainwashed. That excuse worked bac in the playstation 1 era when they didnt have enough power. but now with the xbox, that pure BULL [censored you naughty boy]!!!!

Jeez that was rather immature

I happen to agree with deuce. During a real live football broadcast the only time you see the face up close is after a big play/bad play or when they're looking into the sidelines. The only other times they show the faces close enough is when they are filling time to show the players that are having a great impact on the game.

Well this is a videogame and you can't really program the game to do all that so the closeups during instant replays and post play cams are nice but yeah you don't need to have a Picasso on your screen
Old 07-29-2003, 04:00 PM   #28
All Star

OVR: 17

Quote:

nope. Dev studios that pay for NFL players faces only get portraits. They get, in fact, damn good digital photography, but that in itself does not insure that player faces will be mapped correctly and on somewhat unique models.

Quote:

When you see a player potrait on-line at ESPN, and it's about an inch big, all a developer gets when they pay for an NFL license is a higher resolution version of that "Official" NFL portrait.

Appreciate the correction... I see we might have some video game artists on board. If so...

RUN, run fast and as far away from these guys as possible as they will ask you questions about player models you never imagined were possible.

I kid, thanks again.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:09 PM   #29
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

MuffinMcFluffin said:
I think they made it like that this year so that in FPM you can see easier.

and you're serious?
Old 07-29-2003, 04:18 PM   #30
OFFLINE USER deal with it

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

SportsmanTO said:
Quote:

Dapo said:
Quote:

DueceDiggla said:

Jeez that was rather immature

I happen to agree with deuce. During a real live football broadcast the only time you see the face up close is after a big play/bad play or when they're looking into the sidelines. The only other times they show the faces close enough is when they are filling time to show the players that are having a great impact on the game.

Well this is a videogame and you can't really program the game to do all that so the closeups during instant replays and post play cams are nice but yeah you don't need to have a Picasso on your screen

2k3 had close up shots after a play and it doesnt even have to be in a replay. i like seeing a player and immediatly recognizing him by face rather than number so yeah the more detailed the face the better.

Old 07-29-2003, 04:21 PM   #31
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Yeah I know that, I have the game I'm just saying that the face doesn't have to be SO detailed but if they can do that all the more power to them!

Makes it enjoyable for all of us
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2003, 04:27 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 5

do you kno Ea's problem. All their players look like super models. lets be honest, All male supermodels look soft. so wat am i trying to say is Ea models look soft. they smile when they get popped. they smile to much. nobody smiles when they play football. in my opinion, Madden looks like a dinal fantasy game. its too cute.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »