Home

Damn VC is aiming for perfection on the player's face

This is a discussion on Damn VC is aiming for perfection on the player's face within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-29-2003, 11:41 PM   #41
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Damn VC is aiming for perfection on the player\'s face

Quote:

Dapo said:
do you kno Ea's problem. All their players look like super models. lets be honest, All male supermodels look soft. so wat am i trying to say is Ea models look soft. they smile when they get popped. they smile to much. nobody smiles when they play football. in my opinion, Madden looks like a dinal fantasy game. its too cute.

I kinda agree here. They do seem soft. Smiling all the time...plus the way they're built...ever check out how they have their hands at their sides?...looks weird...ever see that Movie "Carrie"?? lol! Its like they're trying to let their nails dry or something.

Even the celebrations were kinda non-heterosexual. lol! Whats up with that Pre-game NSYNC "BYe Bye " dance routine the guys do when they're supposedly getting hyped up? Whats up with that?

How about when they're constantly adjusting their shoulder pads...I mean they look like women adjusting their bras.

Anyway, yeah...I feel you on that. The Madden players do indeed seem soft. I guess they help the game appeal more to little kids or somethin with all the smilin and happiness they show all the time...I dunno.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2003, 12:34 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 4

Sega wants to make the faces as real as possible so when you see in the cut-scenes the players without the helmets on you can recognize them. I think it's a big deal especially now that they are making faces as real as possible. I don't want them to just put in generic faces when the real one's are so much better. Maddens do look soft, baby skin soft with no roughness or hair. I said once they look like children with facial hair and little league football players with short legs and arms, big heads and huge shoulders. ESPN's player models look like grown men. Madden like kids in little league.
Old 07-30-2003, 08:29 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

CLASSIFIED said:
Sega wants to make the faces as real as possible so when you see in the cut-scenes the players without the helmets on you can recognize them. I think it's a big deal especially now that they are making faces as real as possible. I don't want them to just put in generic faces when the real one's are so much better. Maddens do look soft, baby skin soft with no roughness or hair. I said once they look like children with facial hair and little league football players with short legs and arms, big heads and huge shoulders. ESPN's player models look like grown men. Madden like kids in little league.

... Exactly
Old 07-30-2003, 09:39 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ya know fellas it's ashame what some consumers will accept & shortchange themselves for the sake of brand loyalty. This is 2003 & the PS2 is not the PS1, so why wouldn't all the player faces be included in a football videogame. For all that state that the player faces aren't that important well remember when Madden 2001 debut on the PS2 & 2k was still on the DC? Guess what the main argument was amongst Maddenites & 2ker's of why Madden was the better game. Madden had player faces & 2k didn't. Now VC up the ante maddenites still find excuses not to admit that EA is putting out an inferior product on 128 bit technology.
Old 08-02-2003, 01:31 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 14

Hey guys, I found another one!!!

See the resemblance? The green and yellow colors? The EYES!?!?

This is the most similar looking one yet!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2003, 02:25 AM   #46
MVP

kweiss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

Dapo said:
Damn they are really working hard. check out david boston's face

Yeah, these faces are great, but they didn't get his arms right.

Old 08-02-2003, 02:45 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 10

There was a thread that had a comparison chart of Madden, ESPN and Fever and VC uses over twice as many polygons for their players models than Madden. I think Madden has 2400 polys per player and ESPN uses 5500 per player. I think Fever uses almost 9000 per player. A great looking fighting game uses anywhere from 10,000 to 12,000 per character. I know at least a third or more of that 5500 VC uses is for the faces.
Old 08-02-2003, 03:11 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1

Those numbers are inflated. They're generally worst case scenarios, in the event that some user creates an entire team of players with every possible accessory, heaviest poly count helmet choice, mask, worst case stadium etc. The programmers have to account for the memory for all those textures and polygons, in addition to doing their AI, while still running 30 or 60 fps. The actual polycount per "normal" player would be far less.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »