Home

The Time is now for 2k

This is a discussion on The Time is now for 2k within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2010, 09:05 AM   #1
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
Post The Time is now for 2k

Guys i'm sure you heard and know about the sales going on for madden right? with so many people not spending their money on the same old madden, the time is now for 2k to get a deal done with the NCAA to prepare for 2012-13 NFL game... let me explain

2k you see the signs you gotta keep your ear to the ground right?
1. Madden 10 was not a great title IMO and NHL turned the corner to be EA Franchise cash cow for some Fans.

2. Cancellation of NCAA basketball (march madness ). EA will not be putting his game out. And right now it is a cancelled series.. because of sales. Think how the ncaa must feel with sales in the video game dept going down, (yes even with the now 8.5 Ncaa 11 football) they must be looking for more outlets to make capitol. Having muiltiple companies make their games will increase the chances of money channels coming in. Think about it pro choice of football (liscensed) games.

3.Ea seems to go towards casual gamers, with EA play, Madden Arcade, NBA Jam etc.

4. Talking with the Ncaa now can get you the liscense cheaper and you now have Football, Basketball NCAA style. Use Ncaa to develop for the future NFL games instead of all pro.
( use the legends in NCAA games) or just get rid of the contract all together.

NBA Live is Dead.... now it's elite because you guys killed them in sales on the NBA, but the NBA profits still because they have multiple companies making their games.

5. perfect marketing plan to get back into football( make a commercial using peter' o keith
and the other commentator: announcing that 2k is getting back into the football making buisness ( right after the National Championship Game this year.) Have them say Welcome back I'm Dan stevens and here with me is peter o keith, and we welcome you to road to the Rose bowl 2011 ( crowd cheering in the background) that will stick it to you know who. Think about it.. during the national championship game how much anticipation for the new football title with 2k games doing ok already (red dead redemtion, bio shock,mafia 2, Nba 2k, MLB, ( 2k hockey needs to step up) and Civilization. This will further establish your line-up ... People still to this day play college hoops 2k8, and NFL2k5.

6. it's time for it: the Ncaa contract ends this year with ea!!!
MLB:PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
NCAAFB:PENN ST (Jerry's Gone PSU Moves on)
NCAABB:KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2010, 09:57 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: The Time is now for 2k

I wish you were right... It just won't happen .
Old 08-21-2010, 11:03 PM   #3
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

2K should definitely be plotting a Football comeback for the NFL and NCAA
Old 08-21-2010, 11:14 PM   #4
Pro

Steelersfan85's Arena

OVR: 11

Even if they are thinking about making a new licensed football game it is probably better if they keep quiet. If they announce that they are going to go after the license EA will just pay more to keep it exclusive knowing that sales will take a dramatic downturn with competition out there.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:46 AM   #5
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

I have a question..... where are the NFL2K5 developers / programmers now? Ummm, it is 6 years later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 06:07 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I have a question..... where are the NFL2K5 developers / programmers now? Ummm, it is 6 years later.
They have been spread out amongst their franchises, like NBA 2k for example or NHL
Old 08-22-2010, 09:33 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4

I was playing both 2K5 and APF 2K8 yesterday and I shook my head at what we could have been playing today had 2K still were making football games. I like 2K5 a lot, but it's dated and there are some problems that sliders can't fix, like interceptions. And APF 2K8 doesn't have a franchise mode, what were they thinking!?

I don't even need NFL players really, just give me APF's gameplay with an actual franchise mode and I'll be more than happy.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:36 AM   #8

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
2K has not forgotten about NFL 2K5, nor the devs that made that game. Last year's Insights for MLB 2K10 were done by a few devs that worked on NFL 2K5. Greg Thomas is still at the helm and Jeff Thomas is still there producing. I have even seen interviews for games like MLB 2K10 where they purposefully have a NFL 2K5 TO poster in the background. They hold just as much value on the title as we do.

These guys probably want to develop an NFL game as bad as we want them to. What we need to do is hold off on being sentimental and look to what can happen in the future. The priority is getting the NFL. They don't need to be begging for anything football to come their way so they can make a game (Arena, CFL etc.). Even if both the NFL and NCAA become available, the priority should be making an NFL game.

We'll see what happens when the exclusive is over.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »