Home

Old 07-29-2003, 05:06 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I find this so funny........

Regardless of graphics this graphics that, the point that I'm trying to make is that the NCAA/Maddenites had such a big problem with the 2k series & the DB AI, etc. But now that these two games have incorporated a similar gameplay style as 2k it's the greatest thing in the world. EA has given features that has been in the 2k series since 2k2(playmaker) a fancy name & now EA is the most innovative company on the planet? Man please!!!! This shyt is getting ridiculous & for you EA supporters to even support these as innovations is pathetic. When VC announced that they were changing the playcalling menu did they not once acknowledge
that they were making it Maddenesque?

VC & it's fans acknowledge that they may borrow a idea from Madden but you Maddenites have your heads so far up your asses that your pride for these games want let you acknowledge that pages are being ripped from the 2k series.
Some are so close minded that they haven't even played the 2k series but wanna claim that EA innovated all these on the field gameplay additions. Man give respect where respect is due. Madden didn't innovate Owner's Mode(Front Office Football), Playmaker Control(Right analog control 2k3), First Person Football(Joe Montanna Football GENESIS) so quit giving credit where it isn't due. This is my argument not what game is better, look better, etc. ANY FEEDBACK!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2003, 05:21 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

Good argument cuz I was upset that EA had called playmaker revolutionary when it's been in the 2k series since 2k2. Yet Madden fans embrace it like it' something new. [lol that rhymed]. They didn't start that sega did. Yes why can't Madden admit to takin things from 2k instead of making it seem like they invented it first. It's like sega changing the playcall menu to look more like Madden sega admitted taking that. Football games have been using that playcall menu for ages so Sega should really make up something better than the way it's been done for years.
Old 07-29-2003, 05:35 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

CLASSIFIED said:
It's evident. Who's has the best graphics, you can't say EA does. Gameplay in 2k series is more real every year, since they go back and rework what the issues were from the previous year. If you go back and play nfl 2k2 and look at the graphics, they look nothing compared to 2k3. The same will be for 2k4. Maddens graphics are no way taking advantage of the consoles power not even the PS2. The PS2 version of Madden looks like the XBOX version. How can you sit here and say Madden will update and upgrade when they hardly do it now. The evidence is in thier games and I don't understand how people make it seem like they have done so much from year to year. Madden 2001 resembles 2004. NFL 2k2 looks nothing like 2k4.

But the way I see it is that Madden's graphics are good. In some respects they are better than VC's, but in other respects VC's are Better than EA's.

Plus VC graphics from the earlier yrs sucked...of course they have to improve them...

Old 07-29-2003, 05:43 PM   #28
Rookie

This above all is what irks me about Madden fans. They will never acknowledge that the 2k series is just as good or better than Madden. They will never admit that certain gameplay mechanics are being innovated by another company other than EA. On the other hand 2ker's will give Madden it's due because we all have played the game since it's basic inception but have outgrown the gameplay & feel there's something better on the market. It just feels that respect is not given towards VC in regards to them putting out a product that is "today" because so many still play off the past. I mean to each his own but don't make quotes like "SEGA SUCKS" because your not ready to adapt or like change.
Old 07-29-2003, 05:50 PM   #29
Rookie

kirkhart's Arena

man you are delusional...like I said before if Sega improves their running animations in 2004, will they be ripping off Madden? If they improve the dropped passes and lack of sacks, would they be ripping off Madden, since Madden had less drops and more sacks? I would answer no...they are just tweaking their gameplay to address legitimate complaints. The same answer would apply to your "theory" about EA stealing VC's ideas simply because they improved the DB AI. EA simply improved an area of their gameplay. They did this because people complained about it, not because of some crazy scheme to ripoff Sega. Seriously, do you just sit around and come up with conspiracy theories about EA and Sega?

You're wrong about owner mode, Madden IS innovating (maybe you meant invent)the owner mode, since FOF was a text based sim and Madden will be the first graphical game to incorporate it into their franchise. And besides who cares who did it first? Like the whole argument about the first FPF game...who cares, it was worthless in Madden and Joe Montana. As long as an "innovative" feature is implemented well in the game, I'm happy.
Old 07-29-2003, 06:02 PM   #30
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:

kirkhart said:
man you are delusional...like I said before if Sega improves their running animations in 2004, will they be ripping off Madden? If they improve the dropped passes and lack of sacks, would they be ripping off Madden, since Madden had less drops and more sacks? I would answer no...they are just tweaking their gameplay to address legitimate complaints. The same answer would apply to your "theory" about EA stealing VC's ideas simply because they improved the DB AI. EA simply improved an area of their gameplay. They did this because people complained about it, not because of some crazy scheme to ripoff Sega. Seriously, do you just sit around and come up with conspiracy theories about EA and Sega?

No, no, no. The original poster wasn't saying that he thought that EA tweaking the DB AI was funny. He said he thought that the reaction of the EA fans was funny in his opinion. He's saying that people complained about NFL 2k3's DBs and stuff for being too hard, but the same people love it now that it's very similar in NCAA 2004.
Old 07-29-2003, 06:08 PM   #31
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:

mackandmoon said:
Regardless of graphics this graphics that, the point that I'm trying to make is that the NCAA/Maddenites had such a big problem with the 2k series & the DB AI, etc. But now that these two games have incorporated a similar gameplay style as 2k it's the greatest thing in the world. EA has given features that has been in the 2k series since 2k2(playmaker) a fancy name & now EA is the most innovative company on the planet? Man please!!!! This shyt is getting ridiculous & for you EA supporters to even support these as innovations is pathetic. When VC announced that they were changing the playcalling menu did they not once acknowledge
that they were making it Maddenesque?

VC & it's fans acknowledge that they may borrow a idea from Madden but you Maddenites have your heads so far up your asses that your pride for these games want let you acknowledge that pages are being ripped from the 2k series.
Some are so close minded that they haven't even played the 2k series but wanna claim that EA innovated all these on the field gameplay additions. Man give respect where respect is due. Madden didn't innovate Owner's Mode(Front Office Football), Playmaker Control(Right analog control 2k3), First Person Football(Joe Montanna Football GENESIS) so quit giving credit where it isn't due. This is my argument not what game is better, look better, etc. ANY FEEDBACK!!

2k2 didn't have a version of playmaker!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2003, 06:14 PM   #32
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

First of all, I hope you're not reffering me as a "Maddenite". Far from it actually. I guess you have'nt been up to date on my posts. Thats alright, I dont expect you to. But you're saying the same exact thing word from word that I hear Madden fans say. 2Kers cant admit this, aknowledge that, yada, yada. All dedeicated fans of these two series have thier heads up their ***. It bothers me the same way just with the words Maddenites replaced by 2Kers.

But thats not the point, the point is that you're giving VC credit for something that is as important to a football game as the color of the teams uniforms. Speaking in terms of companies stealing each others ideas, you might as well say Sega stole the coach and booth challenge from EA since it was'nt in 2K3.

EDIT: Do you even know what the playmaker is? I dont remember seeing it in 2K3. Or maybe I've got the wrong impression of what playmaker is. Enlighten me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »