Home

Old 07-29-2003, 07:17 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I find this so funny........

Let me tell you what playmaker is!!!

Playmaker control is the use of the right analog stick to control receiver hot routes to exploit weaknesses in the defense(IN 2K3)

You can also change the direction of the play that you picked if the defense choose to cheat to a particular side if that play is going in that direction.(IN 2K3)

You can also direct the OL/Reciever to change his route or block downfield after the snap.(EA Additive)

You can push the right analog stick in to signal your RB/FB to stay back & block on pass plays if the defense shows blitz or has a opening to the QB(ONLY 2k3/04)

On defense you can control your LB/Safety corps with the push of the right analog stick to play a particular side or change from man to zone coverage. You can also command your DB's to play up or off of their covered receiver with a push of the right analog stick.(ALL IN 2K3).

This is what so many of you now know now as PLAYMAKER. Been there done that courtesy of 2k3.

Yes videogame companies borrow from others because videogames are programmed. To compare the colors of the team jerseys to the way a particular game is programmed is just ridiculous. Last year Madden controls of hot routes were commanded by TRIANGLE, RIGHT ANALOG STICK, RECEIVER COMMAND BUTTON. 2K3'S hot route commands were controlled using the right analog stick with all of the above programmed into those commands with the exception of the additive after the snap. Do your research then get the facts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2003, 07:49 PM   #42
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

You're saying been there done that like 2K3 originated those ideas. All of those with the exception of telling your RB and FB to block on a passing play where in Madden since 2002 also. You just had to press different bottons. And I was'nt talking about you knowing what Playmaker was, CLASSIFIED did'nt know what it was. Nor does he know what Maximum passing is. Which is also in Madden.

But after going over your debate, I can see why you say we stole something. All because of a right stick press. Thats the only thing EA stole and they patented a name for it. I guess you can say its wrong, so I see your argument. But its just a botton press, I mean come on, its not like they made it the exact same way as 2K3.

I got a question tho. Which game came out with Maximum passing first. I know its in Madden, it just does'nt have a sofisticated name, same way as your right anolog playcalling does'nt have a name. I'm not messing around, I seriously wanna know. I dont know which game did it first. If it was Madden, then you can reverse this argument and say that Sega stole that idea right.

But to get back to your initial post, I dont see how EA stole the idea to make their DB AI harder.

BTW, I'm playing 2K3 now, stuck in a close game between the Steelers and the Titans. 0-0 in the third and I just got picked off when I decided to look at the boards again. So I'm defetnitley not a Maddenite by any standard.
Old 07-29-2003, 07:49 PM   #43
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:

mackandmoon said:
Let me tell you what playmaker is!!!

Playmaker control is the use of the right analog stick to control receiver hot routes to exploit weaknesses in the defense(IN 2K3)

You can also change the direction of the play that you picked if the defense choose to cheat to a particular side if that play is going in that direction.(IN 2K3)

You can also direct the OL/Reciever to change his route or block downfield after the snap.(EA Additive)

You can push the right analog stick in to signal your RB/FB to stay back & block on pass plays if the defense shows blitz or has a opening to the QB(ONLY 2k3/04)

On defense you can control your LB/Safety corps with the push of the right analog stick to play a particular side or change from man to zone coverage. You can also command your DB's to play up or off of their covered receiver with a push of the right analog stick.(ALL IN 2K3).

This is what so many of you now know now as PLAYMAKER. Been there done that courtesy of 2k3.

Yes videogame companies borrow from others because videogames are programmed. To compare the colors of the team jerseys to the way a particular game is programmed is just ridiculous. Last year Madden controls of hot routes were commanded by TRIANGLE, RIGHT ANALOG STICK, RECEIVER COMMAND BUTTON. 2K3'S hot route commands were controlled using the right analog stick with all of the above programmed into those commands with the exception of the additive after the snap. Do your research then get the facts.

Whatever Dude!! If Sega had it they should have promoted it!! I haven't seen anything from Sega saying EA took our idea...
Old 07-29-2003, 08:08 PM   #44
Rookie

I don't know which game had it first I just know that I first experienced it on NFL 2K on the DC. If it was a option on Madden during the PSX days then it would have had it first but I don't think it did. I do know that it's been in 2k since the very first game. Also I'm not calling anyone in particular a Maddenite just trying to state some obvious facts that keep getting debated. As you can see from the other guys post after yours some people are misinformed & in denial about the facts.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:21 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 7

Good post Mack. It is very funny. Some people are just prejudiced about their NFL games without giving them an honest shot. The only thing that will change this is if every single NFL gamer out there buys NFL2k4 in August, (I still say it will have a release date upgrade.) and plays it until October. If at that time the gamer is not thoroughly involved in the NFL experience, sell the game on ebay. But if you find yourself thinking about the next playoff implication game you have to play later on tonight while you are at work, KEEP IT!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2003, 08:22 PM   #46
Pro

PDex's Arena

OVR: 7

I think it is more ironic than anything. It is also a little sad.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:24 PM   #47
Rookie

Your right they should have promoted it but Sega doesn't know how to promote their games. They have alot of buzz this year & they still don't know how to captilize on their innovations. It's their own fault they lag behind so bad.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:29 PM   #48
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Next year its gonna be:

Madden NFL 2005 presents a NEW feature---"The Run Booster"
-Charge a meter under your running back to pull of the ultimate effective spin, stiff arm and juke move.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »