Home

Old 07-29-2003, 08:34 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: I find this so funny........

Quote:

Graphik said:
But to get back to your initial post, I dont see how EA stole the idea to make their DB AI harder.

That wasn't his point. His point was that all the "Maddennites" thought it was bad that the DB's were agressive, and made you pay for throwing it into coverage in 2K3, and now that it's in NCAA, they think it's the greatest idea ever.

I'm not saying I agree with it, I didn't see many people complaining about the NFL 2K3 DB AI except for the stupid plays the backs make from time to time, just your arguing something different than what he posted.

And this whole "EA stole this from Sega, or Sega stole this from EA" thing is pretty stupid. If a game has something good in it, I would hope the other company would add it next year. If FPM turns out to be the greatest thing ever, wouldn't everyone want Madden to have it next year? Games borrowing ideas makes both games better.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:36 PM   #50
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't think Mack's point is that EA STOLE from VC. His point is how hypocritical some are on different forums around the internet. It would be SOOOOOO easy if people would just appreciate how good the games are. For some reason, people who like Madden hate anything from Sega... and vice versa. But no matter how you look at it, Sega produces the most realistic games period. If Madden update/copies some elements from VC, that will be good for the game and the gamer. But just remember, people ARE paying attention to what's being said on the boards. If you say db ai is too tough in VC's game, then applaud it when EA adapts, then credibility is surely a fragile thing around here.
Bubba4
Old 07-29-2003, 08:39 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

Good reply!! It really seems ironic but at the same time so many madden fans get in my grill about this kind of stuff without even playing the 2k series at all. Even when VC announced FPF, all the Madden faithful kept emphasizing that it was already done in Madden 96 when it was originally done in Joe Montanna Football. Regardless everyone will play what they like to play & that's the bottom line.

But in direct response to your question can you state if Maximum Passing was in Madden on the PSX? If not then I think I answered your question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2003, 08:39 PM   #52
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:

NYJets37 said:
Quote:

Graphik said:
But to get back to your initial post, I dont see how EA stole the idea to make their DB AI harder.

That wasn't his point. His point was that all the "Maddennites" thought it was bad that the DB's were agressive, and made you pay for throwing it into coverage in 2K3, and now that it's in NCAA, they think it's the greatest idea ever.

I'm not saying I agree with it, I didn't see many people complaining about the NFL 2K3 DB AI except for the stupid plays the backs make from time to time, just your arguing something different than what he posted.

And this whole "EA stole this from Sega, or Sega stole this from EA" thing is pretty stupid. If a game has something good in it, I would hope the other company would add it next year. If FPM turns out to be the greatest thing ever, wouldn't everyone want Madden to have it next year? Games borrowing ideas makes both games better.

I bet one of the two games in next few years will try to add the Read - n - Lead in the future!!
Old 07-29-2003, 08:46 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 7

Hey Mack,

Quote:

[b][i] You can push the right analog stick in to signal your RB/FB to stay back & block on pass plays?

Nope. Wrong. You cannot push the right analog stick in to establish a blocking assignment to RBs and FBs on NFL2k3. Where on earth did you get this from?
Old 07-29-2003, 08:57 PM   #54
Rookie

If you have a copy of Nfl2k3 just pick a pass play & press down on the right analog stick & press the button of the RB/FB & they will stay back as a blocker. I stated push in but it's pull down. For further proof go & download the advance manual at nfl2kx.com & look under advance controls using right analog stick.
Old 07-29-2003, 09:07 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 7

Wow. That foot of mine would have tasted a lot better with mustard and a little dill relish. You mean to tell me that on ANY pass play, if I have a RB or a FB in the backfield, all I have to do is pull back on the right analog stick, then push their respective button and they will stay back to block for me as the QB? I am going to try this. However, if it does not work I will vomit up that foot and get out my can!

Thanks Mack!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2003, 09:27 PM   #56
Rookie

yeah it's any pass play. Also I have to correct myself again because it is push in the right analog stick. I just
went & double checked against Chicago using the dolphins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »