Home

Old 07-30-2003, 01:30 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I find this so funny........

When I first started playing I had a lot of trouble running on pro. If you're having trouble you may want to do what I did and bring up the route overlay everytime and running exactly where it tells you. That helped me a lot. I never really had a passing problem so I don't know how to help you there.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:45 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm slightly astounded by you guys. None of you know where the Playmaker/Max Passing concept originated? Well, get ready for a shock then...

The origin of all these Playmaker/Max Passing features was nothing more than a simple manual pass lead option. The first game in institute this idea was (drumroll, please)...

NFL Gameday 1998 by 989 Sports.

NFL2k2 took it one step beyond by causing players to actually break off an assigned route to follow the ball. Madden is countinueing the evolution by adding the 'finger point' and the ablilty to direct receivers to block when the QB desides to run.

Old 07-30-2003, 05:02 AM   #59
Pro

OVR: 6

Madden 98/64 also allowed you to lead passes
Old 07-30-2003, 05:56 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

BigBadB said:
I'm slightly astounded by you guys. None of you know where the Playmaker/Max Passing concept originated? Well, get ready for a shock then...

The origin of all these Playmaker/Max Passing features was nothing more than a simple manual pass lead option. The first game in institute this idea was (drumroll, please)...

NFL Gameday 1998 by 989 Sports.

NFL2k2 took it one step beyond by causing players to actually break off an assigned route to follow the ball. Madden is countinueing the evolution by adding the 'finger point' and the ablilty to direct receivers to block when the QB desides to run.

I do belive all of you maybe wrong because I could've swore EA's NCAA had this Max passing/Playmaker feature first. I can't place the exact year but it was before Gameday98 had it. I would be able to pin down a year but I played the Dynasty Mode and can't remember the starting players for my favorite college team that first season. I know it was the first year it had 3D playermodels and a practice mode.

I don't think people are mad EA beefed up the defensive play in their game it's just when you had to read the defense in 2K2 and 2K3 (not so much as in 2K2) people were upset and thought it was too hard. Now that NCAA has beefed up their defensive AI (and we're assuming Madden2004 too) now all of a sudden it's realistic. Which proves a point most of us 2K fans has realized. If it ain't in Madden/NCAA yet it isn't considered realistic.
Old 07-30-2003, 06:47 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 4

Actually Sportsgeist I think we both maybe wrong. After reading your post I did a little research on Gameday, Madden, and NCAA to make sure we had our facts straight. I found this at Gaming-Revolution.com in a review-

"On passing, you really notice the difference between a good quarterback and a bad one, and the difference between Jerry Rice and the rest of the wide receivers in the league. You have to learn to pass so that your receivers can catch without being blindsided and dropping the ball. I applaud Sony for including 3 passing interfaces- Normal, TCP (Total Control Passing), APM (Advanced Passing Meter). The TCP is the most impressive as it actually allows you to ad-lib a player's route like in real life if you need to. You can underthrow and overthrow receivers to left, right, or any direction you need to. It gives you nearly complete control of the passing game."-The Fan

That came from a review for Gameday 97 not Gameday 98 like I originally thought. No information I could find (not that it might no exist) on Madden listed leading receivers until Madden 99. And the earliest version of MCAA I could find was NCAA 98.

Unless anyone can find anything else I think Gameday gets the nod.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2003, 08:24 AM   #62
Banned

OVR: 5

UNIMPORTANT
Old 07-30-2003, 08:28 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

Cool. Thanxs for researching & gettin the facts. I know it's not that important but I personally love to find out facts over claiming something is innovated by a company.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:30 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 1

Dude GET A LIFE, ur in these forums arguing, because people dont think just like you. Why can't you just buy the game u like and play it , and Shut up. I cant stand people who hold grudges because they like a certian VIDEO game. GET OVER IT, actually go outside once in a while and run around and have fun , instead of complain in a forum of how bad another game plays. Dude ur a NERD.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »