Home

Old 07-29-2003, 07:05 PM   #9
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: ESPN NFL Football details

More importantly will the game have real shoes like the NBA games.
Old 07-29-2003, 07:59 PM   #10
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Its just adds to the realism!!
Old 07-29-2003, 11:05 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Guys the I posted this question is because it is small things like this that make the difference between a good football game and a gridiron classic. Grass stains, scuffed up helmets, and worn jerseys depict the brutal game of football and bring life&realness to the game. How can you have the best football sim without this???

Afterall Madden does!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2003, 12:45 AM   #12
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

daman03 said:
Guys the I posted this question is because it is small things like this that make the difference between a good football game and a gridiron classic. Grass stains, scuffed up helmets, and worn jerseys depict the brutal game of football and bring life&realness to the game. How can you have the best football sim without this???

Afterall Madden does!

How do you know that nfl2k4 doesn't have this? The only version that the people have of this game is the early beta version. If everything on that was final then that would be one weird game. In the gamespot videos people have said that some of this stuff has been fixed.
Old 07-30-2003, 03:27 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

daman03 said:

Afterall Madden does!

I like the idea... but it's not vital.

It's not as if Madden 2003 PLAYED any better because of it.

Besides, where was the real dirt in Madden? Even in the worst weather the uniforms would only get a light dusting.

Old 07-30-2003, 05:00 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 10

You'll have to wait just like the rest of us to see if this stuff was fixed for sure. The grass has always been fine all VC had to do is scrap the focus crap they had on it. I'm also sure the uniforms get progressively dirty. I didn't care about getting dirty when I played so why would I care now if my videogame players did? IMO the only people who cared about getting dirty were the people who didn't get any playing time. That whole thing about you didn't do anything because your uniform wasn't dirty was stupid.

I wish you could messure how good a game was by all the little crap it has but you can't. If that was the case then maybe Madden or NCAA would win hands down.

I messure my games by gameplay first. IMO Madden is missing stuff or short in the most important part. The Gameplay. When EA fixes their gameplay I'll start caring about all the little crap missing in 2K/ESPN games.
Old 07-30-2003, 08:25 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 5

The Game does look good .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2003, 08:29 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

You gotta admit that it would be cool to be playing a game in the pouring rain and when your qb goes down with an injury, the backup comes in and sticks out like a sore thumb because his uniform is so damn clean.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »