Home

Old 07-30-2003, 09:31 AM   #17
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: ESPN NFL Football details

If it doesn't matter if they get dirty...then why even put it in the VC game? It just looks dumb. At the begining of the game when the captiins come out for the coin toss their uniforms are filthy. Not only that, they are all filthy in the exact same patterns.

It's stuff like that, that destroys the illusion that you are in the game and reminds you that you are playing a computer program. And it's the little graphic (i.e. video/visual) enhancements that go hand in hand with gameplay that puts a game over the top. This is a visual medium and so it has that added importance in terms of features in a game.

It's funny how VC fans drool over the graphics one minute but when you bring up certain flaws in their graphic engine they return with "oh, graphic details aren't important it's all about gameplay"

my thoughts,
((PEACE.))
Old 07-30-2003, 09:39 AM   #18
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:

daman03 said:
Guys the I posted this question is because it is small things like this that make the difference between a good football game and a gridiron classic. Grass stains, scuffed up helmets, and worn jerseys depict the brutal game of football and bring life&realness to the game. How can you have the best football sim without this???

Afterall Madden does!

Well, Madden doesn't even have a real pocket develop in the game, nor does it have decent blocking interaction. Those things are more important to me than scuffed helmets and worn jerseys, but maybe I'm the only one that feels this way.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:45 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

The one thing that bothers me is the qb throw animations. Hopefully with the new 1000+ animations, a few of them are qb ones!
Old 07-30-2003, 09:56 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

The QB throwing animations differ in the 2k series depending on the situation of the play. There are over 5 to 6 different throwing animations by the QB. The main one that you are talking about is when you just stand up in the pocket & throw across the field without extending his throwing motion.
Old 07-30-2003, 10:20 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

mackandmoon said:
The QB throwing animations differ in the 2k series depending on the situation of the play. There are over 5 to 6 different throwing animations by the QB. The main one that you are talking about is when you just stand up in the pocket & throw across the field without extending his throwing motion.

Yah I like the throwing animations on the run, as they look more realistic than the pocket passing. But since I like to stay in the pocket I'm stuck with the girly throw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2003, 10:39 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

ausar72 said:
If it doesn't matter if they get dirty...then why even put it in the VC game? It just looks dumb. At the begining of the game when the captiins come out for the coin toss their uniforms are filthy. Not only that, they are all filthy in the exact same patterns.

It's stuff like that, that destroys the illusion that you are in the game and reminds you that you are playing a computer program. And it's the little graphic (i.e. video/visual) enhancements that go hand in hand with gameplay that puts a game over the top. This is a visual medium and so it has that added importance in terms of features in a game.

It's funny how VC fans drool over the graphics one minute but when you bring up certain flaws in their graphic engine they return with "oh, graphic details aren't important it's all about gameplay"

my thoughts,
((PEACE.))

You're right. People play for different reasons. And different things put people in or take them out of the game experience.

I know a guy who has PS2 and will buy the old PSone Madden just because it has an accelerated clock. This is nonsense to me, but my needs are different.

I buy whichever game makes me feel more like I'm playing on the field in an NFL game. Last year it was Madden for me because they finally sped the doggone thing up. But for the three years before that I bought 2k. This year I just gotta get ESPN because the whole feel of it seems like on-the-field-football, more so than any game I've ever seen.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:24 PM   #23
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:

ZXLT said:
Quote:

daman03 said:
Guys the I posted this question is because it is small things like this that make the difference between a good football game and a gridiron classic. Grass stains, scuffed up helmets, and worn jerseys depict the brutal game of football and bring life&realness to the game. How can you have the best football sim without this???

Afterall Madden does!

Well, Madden doesn't even have a real pocket develop in the game, nor does it have decent blocking interaction. Those things are more important to me than scuffed helmets and worn jerseys, but maybe I'm the only one that feels this way.

You won't be able to say after Madden 2004 hits
Old 07-30-2003, 09:35 PM   #24
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:

mvb34 said:
Quote:

ZXLT said:
Quote:

daman03 said:

Afterall Madden does!

You won't be able to say after Madden 2004 hits

I've seen some videos. I didn't see any of that. Maybe I need to look harder.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »