Home

NFL2k4: Combine Will Be Worthless

This is a discussion on NFL2k4: Combine Will Be Worthless within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2003, 08:54 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: NFL2k4: Combine Will Be Worthless

Hey jacks,

Then keep laughing buddy-boy. I am fully aware of my team's needs and scout accordingly to those needs every single Combine. BUT, when I go to my PDA after scouting these losers, my terrible A.I. assistant coaching staff NEVER suggests players that I KNOW we need. You, my friend, should be very grateful for your copy of NFL2k3. The Combine is a worthless feature over here in Bronco/Bear-land.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:59 PM   #10
Pro

Good for you Ravens. You are a rare breed. In the meantime, I am sitting here in the year 2014 with my BEST draft picks rated in the low 60s.
Old 07-29-2003, 09:00 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Tsk, tsk..so hostile...it also looks at the number of players you need by position, in addition to talent...but like I said, I agree it needs work. No need to get all "buddy-boy" with me, sir.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2003, 09:19 PM   #12
Pro

I was responding to your tactless comment of

but can't tell which positions you suck at by looking at the Team Needs screen....

This is where the 'buddy-boy' comment came from. You are making the very inane assumption that I did not have the sense to look at my team needs before going to the Combine. Give me something I can use. Not something that simply irritates me.
Old 07-29-2003, 09:27 PM   #13
Pro

Going to bed. I will respond in the morning. Have a good night. (YAWN!)
Old 07-29-2003, 11:15 PM   #14
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

lordvader said:
One of us is the exception to the rule then. I have been playing this game with two different teams for over 10 seasons each and I have NEVER seen a player I drafted after scouting in the Combine rated in the 80's. How many years have you been playing with your Franchise?

I have had a few players rated in the 80's and my brother has too. It was after my first season that I got a rookie rated 84. I scouted him in the combine, and the people that I didn't scout that I picked were horrible.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:19 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 9

Every year, there will be certain positions where players will be rated higher overall than other positions. For example, In the season I just completed, I needed WRs but the talent pool was weak. However, there were a ton of guards and tackles rates in the high-70s and 80s. It changes every year. If you really never get any high rated players, then you need to stop winning the Superbowl every year cause then you have the last pick. I tanked a few seasons to get a high draft pick and I got myself a guard at 92 with the 4th pick.

Never listen to your ***. coache's picks cause they always suck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2003, 01:29 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Actually, no, I made no such assumption. It would seem that you made the inane assumption that looking at and being able to discern the supposed missing information on the TN screen are the same thing.

However, it should be noted, I have never disagreed this featured could not be improved.

What I AM saying is simply that your lack of skill or luck in the draft doesn't make the feature worthless. I use it and do just fine. It's a mini-game, and just like anything else, learning to master it will pay off, as evidenced by almost all of the responses to your thoughts.

Also, even though that feature would help make it easier to draft better players, did you ever consider that perhaps this is not the aim of the feature? It seems to me the point of combine is to look at players and HOPEFULLY find a diamond in the rough...not to press buttons and be handed one. Where's the fun in that?

- Jack

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »