Home

Old 07-29-2003, 07:07 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
NFL2k4: Combine Will Be Worthless

The NFL Combine feature in NFL2k3 was worthless. I am disappointed that NFL2k4 just transplanted this feature instead of giving us something useful. I have wasted hours upon hours scouting supposed 'talent' just to have their reports come back 'Poor' or 'Average'.

Instead of the current Combine feature, NFL2k4 should have had a 'Talent Search' feature. What you would do is at the end of your season, right before the draft, you as the GM assess your team's needs at certain positions. Let's say that your overall rating of the Center position is at 57. This is an average that NFL2k4 would give your overall position taking into account the overall rating of each teammate at that position. The 'Talent Search' now asks you what POSITION you want to scout for the upcoming draft. You enter 'Center'. The Combine now defaults to a list of top Centers coming out of the Draft. You now assign your time as needed to that position.

The Draft is here. Now instead of your assistants giving you suggested picks on your PDA for positions you clearly don't need, they will give you suggestions on the positions you actually do need.

Any other ideas on how the NFL Combine for NFL2k4 will be something we can actually use.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2003, 07:28 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: NFL2k4: Combine Will Be Worthless

we dont know that it was transplanted into 2k4. that was in the unfinshed beta versions. i thought the combine was good in 2k3, and i'm ecpecting them to build upon it.
Old 07-29-2003, 07:53 PM   #3
Pro

player,

What did you really find useful about it? I found no value in it what so ever. Details.
Old 07-29-2003, 07:59 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

I found the combine very usefull, recently, I drafted an 82 rated WR from the combine. He already got up to an 86. I wouldn't have drafted him if it wasn't for the combine.

**The combine was my favorite part of the offseason, it was fun scouting a certain amount of hours for each player**
Old 07-29-2003, 08:09 PM   #5
Pro

One of us is the exception to the rule then. I have been playing this game with two different teams for over 10 seasons each and I have NEVER seen a player I drafted after scouting in the Combine rated in the 80's. How many years have you been playing with your Franchise?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2003, 08:29 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

you get coaches comments, estimated attributes, and a limited amount of time to scout them! It's got all the Ryan Leafs and diamonds in the rough you could ask for. I once drafted a T rated 95 ov. and in 2 years he was down to a 70! I drafted a 6th round WR, and 4 years later he was my best WR with an ov of 90!
Old 07-29-2003, 08:39 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Actually, Vader, when the CPU recommend a player or picks for you, it already does this. I see what you're saying, and agree the mode needs improvement...but I do find it a bit funny you're into the mode enough to scout, but can't tell which positions you suck at by looking at the Team Needs screen...
Old 07-29-2003, 08:40 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I get at least 1 player in the 80's every draft after scouting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »