Home

How is franchise mode in 2k series ??

This is a discussion on How is franchise mode in 2k series ?? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2003, 09:49 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
How is franchise mode in 2k series ??

Is it decent ?? realistic? Just curious because I am still up in the air as to what I am getting this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2003, 10:06 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 32
Re: How is franchise mode in 2k series ??

It's pretty good. I don't think it's quite as deep as Madden's, but it bests it in some regards. The interface is very nice. During the season, it puts you in like a coach's office, rather than just having bland menus to scroll through. In the draft, it actually puts you in the draftroom. You can see the picks being made on the bigboard and all. It's kind of cool. The combine is alright. You're given a set number of "scouting hours" per week (4 weeks in all, I think). You have to allocate them to different players. You can get a "full report" (3 hours) which gives you a brief scouting report on the player as well as estimated attributes. The other types (1 hour, 2 hours) give you brief scouting reports. The scouting reports are nicely done, and more relevant than Madden's from what I hear. You won't see your scout taking any notes on the kicker's speed or anything. The free agent signing period is ordinary. You just make offers to the players and all. At any given time, you can check to see the each player's 3 favorite offers and what team they come from. The retirement period is nice; you can try to talk players out of retirement. Great touch. In the regular season, you're presented with your usual options. Trading, signing free agents, etc. The trading block feature isn't as well done as it could be, but it's decent. Between each week in the regular season, you can check to see the "Weekly Wrapup". A brief (verbal) analysis is given of each game (ex. "David Boston had a great game, leading the Cardinals to a 38-21 victory over the Seahawks"). The game then names players of the week, and a "Play of the Week". The end of the season weekly wrapup gives player awards. Simulated stats are alright, but only if you simulate games at 5 minute quarters.

Sorry if that seemed unorganized, because it was. I'm sure I missed things. Check out the OS review, and other reviews.

Oh, and yeah, definitely check this game out.
Old 07-30-2003, 10:10 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Thanks for the info, I probably will get the game. I loved it for Dreamcast and had 2k2 also. I like the atmosphere in the game more than I do in Madden.
Old 07-30-2003, 10:12 AM   #4
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Sega + XBL =
Old 07-30-2003, 10:33 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

I'm sure VC has tighten it up a bit from last season and sprinkled in some extras. Add to that the "Crib" mode and you pretty much set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2003, 02:08 PM   #6
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:

Clay_OS said:
Sega + XBL =

Old 07-30-2003, 02:41 PM   #7
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

Many mags are stating that the biggest advantage over ESPN for Madden 2004 is the Owner Mode.
Old 07-30-2003, 04:27 PM   #8
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17

Heel just get the game u won't regret it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »