Home

Pass Defense looks very good !!!

This is a discussion on Pass Defense looks very good !!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2003, 09:50 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Okay, that\'s it

"First, the user controlling the Broncos in this movie did not once let the CPU take control of Jake Plummer dropping back, which most experienced NFL 2K series players already know is an automatic no-no in most situations. A manual dropback would like screw up the timing of the play and subsequently cause errant throws like the 1st INT (more on this below). "

ummmm, i'm not an experienced 2k player (only have played 2k3 for ps2) but i have never once let the computer drop back for me. i play at all different slider levels but, trust me, i'm not playing on any type of rookie level.

9x pass plays are 3-step drops
5x pass plays are 5 to 7-step drops
1xx pass plays are play-action passes
2xx pass plays are roll-outs.

if you know that, know what routes your guys are running so you know when they break and where, and read the defense before the snap, you should be able to pass with really not a lot of problems.

not saying it's easy, but it's realistic. if you try to bomb all the time, the d adjusts. if you go short all the time, the d adjusts. if you throw into coverage or screw up your timing, your receiver drops the ball or you get picked.
Old 07-31-2003, 10:19 AM   #10
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39

That's true, jbprice20. But for situations where you'll have to fit the ball in a tight space through certain zone coverages, it's going to be awfully tough to get the timing down right whenever manually dropping back. It can be done though.

Kruza
Old 07-31-2003, 11:01 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

kruza -

like i said, i've never let the computer do it (except for rollouts) and it seems pretty realistic to me what happens. i know what u are saying about throwing into tight zones but then again if i see that a team is playing zone all the time, i load up on one side or try to throw over the top of the zone if they bunch up near the line or dink and dunk them to death if they are soft. that's what i love about this game (not comparing to madden since i haven't played madden since sega genesis days) is that i think you really need to know your football to be successful at the higher levels. not saying u don't know, just talkin'.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2003, 01:05 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Maybe the guy just isn't very good...... Not tryin' to be sarcastic or anything. That being the case that REALLY proves the A.I. is smarter, because if you stink, the computer will make you pay. Baptism by fire.
Old 07-31-2003, 01:47 PM   #13
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Maybe the guy just isn't very good...... Not tryin' to be sarcastic or anything. That being the case that REALLY proves the A.I. is smarter, because if you stink, the computer will make you pay. Baptism by fire.

lol, kruza, lay off the kid. i can promise you he didn't do any of those things to show off good pass d. you just know too much.
Old 07-31-2003, 02:57 PM   #14
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39

Heh, nah I'm a dense cat. I barely know anything about these things. I just went over basic common sense stuff there in that post. Nothing really detailed or specific at all.

Anyway, I thought about that Broncos user just not knowing what's up. But I decided to give him the benefit of a doubt and say that he's probably showcasing the pass D in the game on purpose. And besides, notice I held out on discussing about the second INT he threw. Now explaining what happened here actually deserves a multi-paragraph roasting. ;-)

Kruza
Old 07-31-2003, 05:11 PM   #15
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

well considering i know who did it, lol, i'm positive he wasn't showing anything off but his shady skills.

nothin but love, fldude.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »