Home

Old 09-01-2010, 03:32 AM   #9
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Venting

2k5 is a great game, but the one issue that bugs me is that there are too many dropped passes for the user. No matter what you do, whether it be sliders or roster editing it always pops up it's ugly head. That alone, along with it taking me months to get a roster where I want to be has caused me to not play it like I used to. I do say I really have the urge to play some an NFL sim.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:50 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I think what's best to do is to preface your comments about how 2K may do it better with words that show you aren't trying to fuel the lifelong NFL 2K vs Madden war. NFL 2K5 is still relevant in the discussion because it still does things that Madden doesn't, but you have to relate that in a knowledgeable and respectful way.

The forums are like this in other areas too (not just the Madden area). The reason behind it is to keep the discussion civil and on topic. If you come across a response to you that says, "You're just a 2K fanboy," report that post and a moderator will handle it.
Read my previous posts. All I said was 2k should come back just so Madden has competition again and puts out better games and I was immediately labeled as a 2k fanboy. It's all good I don't care if I'm labeled a 2k fanboy because (let's face facts) they put out better games! If you want to label me a fanboy because I prefer one developer over another then that's fine, I don't see anything wrong with wanting the most authentic football game possible. Next time someone prefers sprite over coke I'll call them a sprite fanboy LOL
Old 09-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #11
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

FANBOY!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg superhero_boy.jpg (201.9 KB, 128 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2010, 11:36 AM   #12
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhinsFan86
I'm sick of people calling me or anyone that's a fan of 2k a "2k fanboy"!!!

I think we should be called "sim football" fanboys since we prefer a sim football game over Madden's arcade football game.

And it's always Madden lovers that call us fanboys, why aren't they called "Madden Fanboys"???

I just don't understand why you're labeled if you prefer one developer over another, especially if that developer CLEARLY puts out better games.

Just venting,

2k 4 life!
I am sick of alot of things people called me but i just learned to ignore them. let them think what they want as long as you know your not a 2k fanboy that's all that matters

Old 09-01-2010, 11:42 AM   #13
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I think it's pretty evident what started the whole thing off.

Saying 2k should sue EA on being a monopoly is not the correct way of stating things in the Madden forum.

It's the equivalent of beating a dead horse because it's been heard a lot in the Madden forums.

When you start immediately firing shots like that, people will think you have a agenda.

It would have been better just to say, Madden needs competition.

Just an FYI.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:09 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I think it's pretty evident what started the whole thing off.

Saying 2k should sue EA on being a monopoly is not the correct way of stating things in the Madden forum.

It's the equivalent of beating a dead horse because it's been heard a lot in the Madden forums.

When you start immediately firing shots like that, people will think you have a agenda.

It would have been better just to say, Madden needs competition.

Just an FYI.
I hear ya... I just don't understand how a game can get WORSE every year... I feel robbed out of $60
Old 09-01-2010, 07:42 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
I hear ya... I just don't understand how a game can get WORSE every year... I feel robbed out of $60
I am sorry but i have to strongly disagree. And I am a major NFL2K5 fan and do think it is the most complete football game to ever grace any console.

Madden made leaps on 2010. Now they really hit the ball hard IMO with 2011. This is the most fun I have had with Madden since 2005. The game is not perfect, the franchise mode needs a complete overhaul (which they have acknowledged at length and are doing for 2012) the AI needs a patch and the online franchise also need TLC. But the gameplay this year is really strong with the right slider set and some effort on your part (I know we should not have to do this for 60 bucks) in setting up all the game plans for the teams.

The game does not deserve the heat I see around the board. Quite frankly I think it is absurd,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2010, 11:36 PM   #16

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
It's all good I don't care if I'm labeled a 2k fanboy because (let's face facts) they put out better games! If you want to label me a fanboy because I prefer one developer over another then that's fine,
Again, this is a matter of opinion. There is no "let's face it".

Everyone has different opinions and thoughts. That being said, no one should ever be labeled a ***** or fanboy for giving their opinion.

But I am still curious as to why you think it is okay for you to say these things about others ("blindly following a game" or saying things like this game is clearly better) but have an issue when the same thing is done to you. Is that not just a little hypocritical?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »