Home

Old 08-31-2010, 11:31 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Venting

I'm sick of people calling me or anyone that's a fan of 2k a "2k fanboy"!!!

I think we should be called "sim football" fanboys since we prefer a sim football game over Madden's arcade football game.

And it's always Madden lovers that call us fanboys, why aren't they called "Madden Fanboys"???

I just don't understand why you're labeled if you prefer one developer over another, especially if that developer CLEARLY puts out better games.

Just venting,

2k 4 life!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 12:17 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Venting

It's been my experience that if you post "2k is better at ______ than Madden" in the Madden forums, it could lead to a warning/ban.

You're also labeled a "fanboy", blah, blah, blah.

It's not what you say, it's where you say it.

When I post in the Madden forums, I keep the 2k talk out. Likewise, when I post here in the 2k forums, I keep the Madden talk out.

Just the way it is, and I've learned to live with it.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:26 PM   #3
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhinsFan86

I think we should be called "sim football" fanboys since we prefer a sim football game over Madden's arcade football game.

And it's always Madden lovers that call us fanboys, why aren't they called "Madden Fanboys"???

I just don't understand why you're labeled if you prefer one developer over another, especially if that developer CLEARLY puts out better games.

Just venting,

2k 4 life!
hope you feel better now.....lol. j/k. seriously, just imagine how good 2k5 would be now if 2k was still making the game. the team that developed that game is legendary. i've always been a madden guy, but in all honesty, if you have a dedicated website for a game from over 5 years ago and people are STILL updating rosters for that game, that should tell you something.....
Old 08-31-2010, 12:50 PM   #4
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
It's been my experience that if you post "2k is better at ______ than Madden" in the Madden forums, it could lead to a warning/ban.

When I post in the Madden forums, I keep the 2k talk out. Likewise, when I post here in the 2k forums, I keep the Madden talk out.

Couldn't agree more. I don't mention 2K at all in the Madden forum. I s some guys state that they "are 2K fans" when writing impressions, and that's all well and good, but it's open invitation to be labeled as a fanboy.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:42 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude

Ya I agree. In the Madden forum I simply said that 2k needs to come back JUST so Madden has competition again and I got warned LOL They don't even want the word "2k" mentioned ANYWHERE in the Madden Forum no matter what context LOL. It's understandable, which is why I made this thread. I just think it's funny that if you mention 2k AT ALL, then you're a "fanboy" yet if you love Madden's far less superior games then no one label's you, even though you're blindly following a franchise that has gone downhill.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see a 2k next gen football game. With Take Two's attention to detail and their ability to put out superior sports titles (nfl 2k5, all 2k basketball games), I think they would put out the most unbelievable football game any of us have ever played...

All wishful thinking though since it probably will never happen; I'm gonna call EA the Parker Brothers Company from now on with all this Monopoly goin on LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 01:58 PM   #6
Rookie

fliplm0de's Arena

OVR: 5

I feel you man. Boy I would die for another 2k football game generic or not. Luckily I am still getting occupied by 2k5 and APF2k8.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:20 PM   #7

OVR: 34

Quote:

Just venting,

2k 4 life!
I think what's best to do is to preface your comments about how 2K may do it better with words that show you aren't trying to fuel the lifelong NFL 2K vs Madden war. NFL 2K5 is still relevant in the discussion because it still does things that Madden doesn't, but you have to relate that in a knowledgeable and respectful way.

The forums are like this in other areas too (not just the Madden area). The reason behind it is to keep the discussion civil and on topic. If you come across a response to you that says, "You're just a 2K fanboy," report that post and a moderator will handle it.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:31 PM   #8

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I just think it's funny that if you mention 2k AT ALL, then you're a "fanboy" yet if you love Madden's far less superior games then no one label's you, even though you're blindly following a franchise that has gone downhill.
This is where I disagree with you.

To me you are doing the same thing that you created this thread about by labeling someone you don't know simply because they like Madden. I don't see how that is any different than those that call you a fan boy for a simple post. They are both generalizations based on nothing at all.

And believe me, if you think that fans of other games don't get refereed to as names like fan boy you are badly mistaken. I have seen plenty of people get referred to as fan boys or sheep (blindly following Madden) many times.

These things get unjustly thrown around here far too often, and unfortunately is probably the reason we can't have discussions involving different games. It's been tried time and time again and just doesn't work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »