Home

RPG Elements in games, who cares about Dynasty Mode?

This is a discussion on RPG Elements in games, who cares about Dynasty Mode? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2003, 10:13 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: RPG Elements in games, who cares about Dynasty Mode?

Quote:

boberto said:
Seriously, dynasty mode sounds cool and all... I wouldn't mind having it in nfl 2k4, but I can get all that and more from a management program on my pc, so it doesn't make a difference to me.

Yeah you could get the management part from a front office football type game, but can you actually PLAY those games? NO. I think the intrigue with dynasty mode, franchise mode, owner mode, etc. is that you do both the offseason work and in-seson work. It's all about more control of what is going on. I know I have a lot of fun building my roster year to year and then trying my team. It's cool to draft that star QB that fits your offense and then be able to play as him in the next season. I'd like to see a career mode in the games too, but definitely not at the expense of franchise mode.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:10 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

ZXLT said:
Wouldn't that be kind of boring though, especially if you only control one guy? I mean, you said that you start out at the bottom. I'm not quite sure how low you're talking about, because I'm not sure what you meant by "minor league team". But let's say I create a guy and he's drafted in the fifth round. What exactly is the fun in this? If I'm only controlling him, what do I do during games? Most fifth-rounders don't play their rookie year, so I just sit on the sideline and watch each game? I know it's "realistic", but there are plenty of real-life aspects of football that I'd never want to see in a videogame. And assuming that you want it to be as realistic as possible, keep in mind that most fifth-rounders don't negotiate contracts and trades. Most NFLers have their own agent.

what you could do is "train" to make your ratings better, which would in turn, set you up higher on the depth chart...and lets say you're #2 on the chart, but during the preseason when you had your chance to prove yourself, if you do exceptionally well, that could potentially give you the start over whoever is at #1, if the ratings are somewhat close enough
Old 07-31-2003, 04:51 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

I would love this idea even if it wasn't the NFL or NCAA.

Maybe some made up league.

if the gameplay and fun factor was there I'd love to play a rpg sports game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2003, 05:00 AM   #12
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

ZXLT said:
Wouldn't that be kind of boring though, especially if you only control one guy? I mean, you said that you start out at the bottom. I'm not quite sure how low you're talking about, because I'm not sure what you meant by "minor league team". But let's say I create a guy and he's drafted in the fifth round. What exactly is the fun in this? If I'm only controlling him, what do I do during games? Most fifth-rounders don't play their rookie year, so I just sit on the sideline and watch each game? I know it's "realistic", but there are plenty of real-life aspects of football that I'd never want to see in a videogame. And assuming that you want it to be as realistic as possible, keep in mind that most fifth-rounders don't negotiate contracts and trades. Most NFLers have their own agent.

Actually I only control one guy now. That is the player I created for myself. And no it's not boring for me.....
Why draft/sign a player with great decision making etc...and then control him and negate his abilities...?

I can see where controlling everyone would be others cup o' tea... but not for me. So where it might be boring for you it has been the only way I have played for a great while...
Old 07-31-2003, 05:06 AM   #13
All Star

LiquidCrash's Arena

OVR: 31

I can't see how fun it would be to be a backup WR and sit the bench for a few years. Even when you did make it up to start, you'd still do nothing for half the game when the defense is on the field, and when you do play, you wouldn't get the ball the majority of the time.

Maybe other people would like a mode like this, but it wouldn't be fun for me.
Old 07-31-2003, 09:55 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

better yet...what if your guy was o-line??? that would have to be the biggest disappointment...
west virginia vt

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »