Home

The Return of 2k Football...?

This is a discussion on The Return of 2k Football...? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2010, 06:02 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: The Return of 2k Football...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsball899
no thanks, the abilities system is where it needs to be
If so they need to add more abilities, and allow more flexibility (so not just 3/5 for gold 2 for silver and 1 for bronze) with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2010, 07:42 PM   #26
It's RBIs or ribbies

JoeRyan33's Arena

OVR: 10

Please make a return. I'd like to finally replace my 2K5. Life without new football games isn't fun.

Thanks to all that helped with the Baltimore Orioles roster, and to N51_rob for making me an OS premium member.

CAPS I'm working on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25328192@N06/
Old 10-13-2010, 02:08 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrcfntdorgamiartist
I love 2k5 but let's not make it something it's not.

The IR doesn't remove salary, just the roster spot, so if you have a maxed out salary cap, the IR does nothing for you. Flaw.

Rosters do not expand to 65. Ever. After 55 your roster is full.

Weekly prep was broken. I tried about 30 times using every intelligent way to progress my team and all my players took steps back every week.

The animations are now a wash with Madden 11. Madden 11 has equivalent gameplay with better cornerback play, something that could not be said about any Madden on this generation.

2K5 was king until this year, now it's Madden. I still love both games
Game-play wise, APF was better than 2k5. Also, it's not really saying much that Madden is finally on par with 2k5 six years, that's right, six bleepin years, after 2k5 was released.

Are people comparing NBA 2k5 to NBA 2k11 ? See how ridiculous that sounds ?
Old 10-13-2010, 03:46 PM   #28
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

If All Pro Football 2K8 had full customization, that's the game I'd be playing right now. Alas, 2K has always had roster editing issues that have frustrated me.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 10-13-2010, 05:06 PM   #29
Banned

InSainn's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDJHood93
As long as Madden is around I'm sure 2K football won't return. Too huge of a fanbase for Madden but I'm sure fans of 2K would go back and play it if they decided to bring back the franchise. Just imagine the graphics though!
Madden doesn't have a huge fanbase, the NFL does. If 2K managed to steal the liscense away those fans would flock over to 2K for their NFL fix. Now, if both games were made I think you'd have a pretty even split the first year but within 3 years nobody would be buying Madden. The problem 2K had in the past was that Madden was already so established and at the time Madden fans had no major reason to try anything else and not many gamers will buy, or even try 2 NFL titles in one year. Now though ALOT of people are fed up with Madden and would try something different in a heartbeat.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:57 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 23

Lets be honest here, trying to predict hypothetical sales figures for year 3 of a hypothetical game is a crap shoot at best.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:24 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSainn
Madden doesn't have a huge fanbase, the NFL does. If 2K managed to steal the liscense away those fans would flock over to 2K for their NFL fix. Now, if both games were made I think you'd have a pretty even split the first year but within 3 years nobody would be buying Madden. The problem 2K had in the past was that Madden was already so established and at the time Madden fans had no major reason to try anything else and not many gamers will buy, or even try 2 NFL titles in one year. Now though ALOT of people are fed up with Madden and would try something different in a heartbeat.
This post says it all. If 2k(or any other company for that matter)gets a hold of the NFL license madden is finish. I use to be a huge madden fan and when EA bought the exclusive license it really didn't matter to me because I was only buying madden anyway, and never really bought any other football game. But now, after seeing how horrible madden is now and after playing NFL2k5 me and my friends vowed not to buy another madden game ever. And if me and my friends feel that way, I'm sure other people do as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DmCuKbi7wo

The guy in the video was a loyal madden fan and he too vows to never buy madden again.

Bottom line, if another company is allowed to make an NFL license game, madden will suffer the same fate as NBA Elite. Madden will be over, and anyone who thinks other wise is a sack sucking fan boy who doesn't use logic when thinking.

Last edited by Bump101; 10-13-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2010, 02:32 AM   #32
It's RBIs or ribbies

JoeRyan33's Arena

OVR: 10

Don't see why the above post was yellow carded.

EA won't can Madden, even though it would be a second rate title in comparison to its competitor. FIFA was in this same position for years, but it hung around. I can't see a repeat of NBA Elite, but to be honest, I don't care, my focus would be on 2K football.

Thanks to all that helped with the Baltimore Orioles roster, and to N51_rob for making me an OS premium member.

CAPS I'm working on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25328192@N06/

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »