Home

Fellow 2ker's its time to face the facts.......

This is a discussion on Fellow 2ker's its time to face the facts....... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2003, 11:01 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Fellow 2ker\'s its time to face the facts.......

Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Quote:

NYJets37 said:
Don't lose hope?? As long as it sells enough copies to survive, who cares if it beats Madden?

Well in the grand scheme of things, I hope NO orONE cares.

But again, I like controversies and when as Muhammed Ali said, when someone 'shakes up the world!'

Actually it's a lot like in boxing.

The contender has to knock out the champ. He ain't gonna win no split decision.

I like it when the minority wins out. It's just my nature. When there is a clear cut favorite, I almost always automatically go for the other one.

I'm a firm believer that FOR THE MOST PARTthe masses are just that, masses of people with mob mentality as opposed to individual thinkers. It sounds negative, but in my years of social experience, (yes sounds funny, overblown, etc., but I'm being earnest) I've found that most people go with the general consensus of everyone else for fear of being different. It's really no secret, that's why propaganda is so effective. And no I'm not saying that all people who buy Madden are clones or zombies (I've said many times that I bought it myself last year) but in general people always love whatever is most popular regardless of personal merit.... That becomes REALLY prevalent in high schools.

i'd say more in junior high or middle school. Also when your a freshman in high school. By the time your a sophmore in high school, you dont care what the majority does, you do what you wanna do. The contender will need 3 more years maybe to knock out the champ if the contender keeps on making big improvements in the game.
Old 07-31-2003, 12:18 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ehh...screw madden and screw Espn football...bring back QB Club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2003, 12:38 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

It also becomes prevelant in sports.

Where are all the Bulls fans now?
I'll tell you where... In Chicago.

... and just wait 'til the Lakers start stinkin'...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2003, 12:45 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 9

there is no reason why both franchises cant be succesful. There is room for more than one football franchise. Of course, EA is is making a ton more money than Sega. However, Sega can make a crapload of money itself even with Madden around. If Sega makes a good football game, with its ESPN license and advertisement, then it WILL make a lot of money. Who cares if it sells more than EA.
Old 07-31-2003, 12:50 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 13

I'm really hoping that this is the year that everyone begins to take notice that there is a better game than the one they've been playing for the past 10 years.

In the past, it seems like the 'flashy' arcade game outsells the true sim (even though it has better AI and is a truer representation of the sport). Case in point: High Heat 2004, NBA2K3. These are more in tune to the way the game is supposed to be played, yet they don't get the recognition they deserve (High Heat with it's less than stellar graphics and NBA2K3 because of EA's popularity and marketing). Seems like 3D0 might not make High Heat next year with it's current financial problems. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm really hoping that ESPN NFL Football has a great year this year and makes all kinds of money to keep the franchise moving forward. I know I'm doing my part in spreading the word to all of my fellow gamers to get this game. That's all we can do is open a fellow gamer's eyes to the experience of this game. They'll get hooked.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:20 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

BigBlue said:
I'm really hoping that this is the year that everyone begins to take notice that there is a better game than the one they've been playing for the past 10 years.

In the past, it seems like the 'flashy' arcade game outsells the true sim (even though it has better AI and is a truer representation of the sport). Case in point: High Heat 2004, NBA2K3. These are more in tune to the way the game is supposed to be played, yet they don't get the recognition they deserve (High Heat with it's less than stellar graphics and NBA2K3 because of EA's popularity and marketing). Seems like 3D0 might not make High Heat next year with it's current financial problems. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm really hoping that ESPN NFL Football has a great year this year and makes all kinds of money to keep the franchise moving forward. I know I'm doing my part in spreading the word to all of my fellow gamers to get this game. That's all we can do is open a fellow gamer's eyes to the experience of this game. They'll get hooked.

ummm NBA 2k3 was made by Sega
Old 07-31-2003, 03:24 PM   #15
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:

Eddie_420 said:
Quote:

BigBlue said:

ummm NBA 2k3 was made by Sega

He knows that. He said that it's like how High Heat doesn't (didn't) get the recognition it deserves because of its less than stellar graphics. Similarly, NBA 2k3 didn't get the recognition it deserved due to EA's marketing of NBA Live.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2003, 03:49 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 7

Keep the faith mack. NF2k has only been around since 1999 and look how far it's come. As long as we keep praising it, giving innovative suggestions for improvements on future titles and most of all, KEEP BUYING IT, we may catch Madden in a few years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »