Home

Fellow 2ker's its time to face the facts.......

This is a discussion on Fellow 2ker's its time to face the facts....... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2003, 12:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Fellow 2ker\'s its time to face the facts.......

I'm a die hard 2k fan & have really come to realize that no matter what VC/Sega does they will ALWAYS be in Madden's shadow. I know that many may not want to hear this but it's just the truth. Madden is entrenched is so many gamers minds that it's the ultimate football game & it started implanting this in people 14 years ago. I've shown some maddenites that there is a better alternative out there in 2k, but they still stick with what they know even after admitting that the 2k series is a better representation of NFL football.

I personally think that all VC should concentrate on now is developing great games for their core fanbase & letting it grow year by year. We don't have to beat Madden at sales because we only need to sell platinum to be considered successful. I know it sucks for such a great game not to be #1 in gamers minds but sometimes the best don't always finish first.

So the moral of this post is to let the Madden gamers have their game & we keep supporting our game in the same vein.
The comparisons will steady go on but they will never be even. Besides there just VIDEOGAMES right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2003, 12:46 AM   #2
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Fellow 2ker\'s its time to face the facts.......

"The Sleeping Giant...Has Awakened and He's comin'"
Old 07-31-2003, 09:35 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

all old things have to die.Madden is old and 2K will kill it.
Old 07-31-2003, 09:59 AM   #4
Pro

FSU_Animal's Arena

OVR: 8

Why is everytime I visit this section of the OS Forums, I keep running into threads that claim that Madden has brainwashed all the football fans into loving Madden, and Madden only?

I play "VIDEO GAME FOOTBALL" for a reason. I sucked at real football so I had to find an alternative. Right now, Madden suits what I look for in a football game. However, Sega has caught my attention because, yes, even as a Madden fan, I pay attention to the competition because even I want a game to be as close to the real sport as I can get. But you know what? I am buying Madden for a reason this season. It's the game I'm used to and have trusted to always closely resemble the game of football. So tell me this? Why would I, as a sports game consumer, risk spending $50 of my own hard earned money on a game I have never tried, only to not like the game. That's right!! Instead, I will buy the game I have trusted to always fulfill my football addiction. I will give ESPN NFL a rental at least. If I like how the game plays (and judging from gameplay videos of FPM and regular 3rd-person view, you can guaren-dam.n-tee that I am intrigued by ESPN), then I will spend another $50 of my hard earned money to add to my collection.

So let me ask you this?

What is the point of trying to advertise another company's game? Are you getting paid to advertise their game? I am going to say that you aren't being paid. So what's the point?

That's right, there is no point in advertising another company's game. There will always be competition. Who knows? Maybe a couple years down the road, we will have another game called Parcells Football 2029. I would like to see how many of you Segahomers out there would jump Sega's ship and try to advertise the new EA Parcells Football game.

I say it's better to find the game that closely resembles what you are looking for. Then when another game comes out that is better, you can move onto that one. That's how business's are. They start to realize that they have someone hot on their trails, so now they are pushing themselves to try and make a better product because they are in this business for the money. And in order to make money, you have to make the consumers happy.

Do you get my point?

God I hope so!! I get so sick and tired of people always advertising a game when they; 1: Don't get paid for it; and; 2: Are only being a hypocrite by calling all the fans of Madden maddenites. By doing this, you in-turn, can officially be declared a Segahomer.

Quote:

mackandmoon said:
I'm a die hard 2k fan & have really come to realize that no matter what VC/Sega does they will ALWAYS be in Madden's shadow. I know that many may not want to hear this but it's just the truth. Madden is entrenched is so many gamers minds that it's the ultimate football game & it started implanting this in people 14 years ago. I've shown some maddenites that there is a better alternative out there in 2k, but they still stick with what they know even after admitting that the 2k series is a better representation of NFL football.

I personally think that all VC should concentrate on now is developing great games for their core fanbase & letting it grow year by year. We don't have to beat Madden at sales because we only need to sell platinum to be considered successful. I know it sucks for such a great game not to be #1 in gamers minds but sometimes the best don't always finish first.

So the moral of this post is to let the Madden gamers have their game & we keep supporting our game in the same vein.
The comparisons will steady go on but they will never be even. Besides there just VIDEOGAMES right?

Old 07-31-2003, 10:06 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Don't lose heart everyone. Now I'm always a fan of the underdog but will buy whatever game best suits my needs. I only bought Madden last year but 2k since the first one came out on Dreamcast and Madden before that....Switched to Gameday for a year .... then Madden...

But I've already won "a convert." I had a friend who always only played Madden and I just wanted him to know why I kept talking about 2k. FINALLY after a few YEARS he tried it and fell in love with it! So it's possible for some people to come over to the 2k camp. The many animations and how that makes it more realistic and exciting is what sold him on it. Although I told him that before, it went in one ear and out the other until he played it for himself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2003, 10:14 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Don't lose hope?? As long as it sells enough copies to survive, who cares if it beats Madden?
Old 07-31-2003, 10:28 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is all I'm basically stating thru this post. I'm just tired of all the bytchin back & forth about what game does this/that. I just want my fellow 2ker's to join in the fight to stop arguing with the Maddenites about which game is the best. If they never get turned on to it then it's ultimately their loss. At least VC will get all the credit it deserves from it true fanbase cause in reality that's all that Madden is getting from his. It's just that Madden's fanbase is bigger.
Old 07-31-2003, 10:34 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

NYJets37 said:
Don't lose hope?? As long as it sells enough copies to survive, who cares if it beats Madden?

Well in the grand scheme of things, I hope NO ONE cares.

But again, I like controversies and when as Muhammed Ali said, when someone 'shakes up the world!'

Actually it's a lot like in boxing.

The contender has to knock out the champ. He ain't gonna win no split decision.

I like it when the minority wins out. It's just my nature. When there is a clear cut favorite, I almost always automatically go for the other one.

I'm a firm believer that FOR THE MOST PARTthe masses are just that, masses of people with mob mentality as opposed to individual thinkers. It sounds negative, but in my years of social experience, (yes sounds funny, overblown, etc., but I'm being earnest) I've found that most people go with the general consensus of everyone else for fear of being different. It's really no secret, that's why propaganda is so effective. And no I'm not saying that all people who buy Madden are clones or zombies (I've said many times that I bought it myself last year) but in general people always love whatever is most popular regardless of personal merit.... That becomes REALLY prevalent in high schools.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »