Home

Major problem with the 2K series...

This is a discussion on Major problem with the 2K series... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2003, 05:28 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Major problem with the 2K series...

It's all subjective to the difficulty level too.

If you guy is a 99 tackler and you go against an average RB on All-Pro then yes he will do pretty well at breaking the tackles. If you playing on pro is should be close to the real thing but if it's on rookie you should tackle him everytime.

Thats the problem with the AI philosophy. All that happens when you turn up the AI is that your players stats and the other teams stats are basically changed to reflect the AI change so even though you have the best o-line in the game they can't hold a block. What it would be nice to see is a smaller boost but some more intelligent play.
Old 07-31-2003, 06:14 PM   #10
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

I think someone has a problem with ppl crying.
Old 08-01-2003, 01:41 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 10

I don't have a problem with people crying. I do have a problem with people who seem to have all their mental faculties and don't use them. VC put the sliders in because people wanted them in the game and when they finally do and people don't use them. Nobody should be complaining (or crying) about anything gameplay related. whatever gameplay issue(s) you're having can be adjusted in the sliders. There shouldn't be any threads with gameplay issues. I had the same problem with my recievers dropping passes too and I'll let you in on a little secret. Can you keep a secret? (whispering) ADJUSTS YOUR FREAKIN SLIDERS and they won't drop them anymore. Here's some of the things I see people here have a problem with.

My players don't have breakaway speed and I always get caught from behind.
Answer adjust the "Pursuit" slider.

My reciever(s) keep dropping passes they should catch.
Answer adjust the "Catching" slider.

The CPU runningbacks seem to always break 50 tackles and I can't seem to stop them.
Answer adjust the "Tackling" slider.

And so on and so forth.

The sliders were put there the make whatever gameplay issue you have easier or harder depending on your tastes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2003, 03:28 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:

sportsgeist said:
I don't have a problem with people crying. I do have a problem with people who seem to have all their mental faculties and don't use them. VC put the sliders in because people wanted them in the game and when they finally do and people don't use them. Nobody should be complaining (or crying) about anything gameplay related. whatever gameplay issue(s) you're having can be adjusted in the sliders. There shouldn't be any threads with gameplay issues. I had the same problem with my recievers dropping passes too and I'll let you in on a little secret. Can you keep a secret? (whispering) ADJUSTS YOUR FREAKIN SLIDERS and they won't drop them anymore. Here's some of the things I see people here have a problem with.

My players don't have breakaway speed and I always get caught from behind.
Answer adjust the "Pursuit" slider.

My reciever(s) keep dropping passes they should catch.
Answer adjust the "Catching" slider.

The CPU runningbacks seem to always break 50 tackles and I can't seem to stop them.
Answer adjust the "Tackling" slider.

And so on and so forth.

The sliders were put there the make whatever gameplay issue you have easier or harder depending on your tastes.

Where were you when a ton of of people made threads about all of these issues anout NFL 2K3. Seriously, people are just stupid. Everybody complains about the fact that there is no breakaway speed but when you lower the slider you'll get that TD instead of getting tackled on the 10 yard line. When I lowered the catching slider the AI was catching everything.

I can understand that finding the right sliders for the NBA 2K series might be tough but finding the right set of sliders for the NFL and baseball game is EASY! I know they weren't explained but people shouldn't be complaining about those issues.
Old 08-01-2003, 04:13 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 10

Adjust your sliders to get the feel you want.

<--- Left to make it easier and right ---> to make it harder.

Blocking – makes your blockers better or worse
Passing – makes your passing easier or harder
Running – makes CPU tackling of your players harder or easier
Catching – makes your reciever's catching easier or harder
Coverage – makes CPU pass coverage easier or harder
Pursuit – makes break-away runs easier or harder
Tackling – makes your tackling of CPU players easier or harder
Kicking – makes the field goal kicking meter move faster or slower
Fatigue – determines how fast or slow your players fatigue

I hope this helps
Old 08-01-2003, 05:12 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

sportsgeist said:
I think some of you guys need to discover the game has sliders. With that said you shouldn't be crying about anything. If you think your players don't have enough break away speed then adjust the freakin pursuit slider. If your reciever is catching too much or not enough adjust the freakin slider. They were added to keep you from crying about this stuff.

If you used the sliders you wouldn't be starting this thread.

Ahhhhh...here we go...

The sliders cannot change the fact that speed and other player ratings are not represented accurately on the field. It's not the lack of breakaway speed that I have a problem with, it's a 75 rated WR and a 95 rated WR appearing to have the same speed. I hope you understand that because a game has sliders does not mean that every glitch can be fixed. Even WITH the sliders, the 2K series has some gameplay issues. These might be fixed for 2K4 - I haven't played it yet - but 2K3 has loads of problems that sliders can't fix buddy. I want to see sliders add an acceleration rating to the mix, or help portray the distinction between a coverage LB and a run-stuffing LB...better yet, I want to see the slider configuration that fixes the sack glitch...lol. Come on man, you dont have to be a genius to discover that the sliders can help some of the gameplay issues out, but for the majority of problems they're useless.
Old 08-01-2003, 05:30 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

whoeva started this topic is right. You shouldnt have to adjust anything it should be like this from the jump. acceleration should be added as it helps determine your break away speed. they should fix the AI
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2003, 05:52 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

sportsgeist said:
I don't have a problem with people crying. I do have a problem with people who seem to have all their mental faculties and don't use them....

The problems with the speed,pursuit and catching tendacies are far to pronounced to be fixed with the flick of a slider. Granted,they should in theory,as your description of their usage was accurate - but I'm sure anyone who has attempted to use slider adjustments online will tell you that they make little difference.

The real key to holding on to the ball is hitting the WR at the point that allows him to get both feet down the fastest. and to avoid being a victim of aggressive pursuit
is to layoff the speed burst.

Those areas of the game were in desperate need of balance,and as far as I can tell,VC has done a great job of addressing them both.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »