Home

Major problem with the 2K series...

This is a discussion on Major problem with the 2K series... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2003, 12:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Major problem with the 2K series...

One of the biggest problems I have with the 2K series is how the player ratings are represented on the playing field. Speed and agility seem to have no real impact on the players. Acceleration isnt a ratings category so that muffles things even more. I have Grant Wistrom in my current nfl 2k3 franchise and his tackle rating is like a 89 and cpu running backs break his tackling attempts 99.9 percent of the time. I'm starting to wonder if the player ratings mean anything in sega's game. I'm not sure if the ratings need to be as pronounced as they are in Madden, where T.O. catches every pass just because he's T.O., but the system definitely does need tuning...major tuning. Drafting almost seems pointless to me. I draft a 95 SPD WR and a 72 SPD WR and they both seem to run the same speed...WTF?? This should have been on the top of their lists of fixes for 2K4. I just hope I'm not disappointed when I get the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2003, 01:28 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Major problem with the 2K series...

all signs point to:

fized speed problems in gmae
Old 07-31-2003, 02:09 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

from the vids, it seems as though they have improved the breakaway speed. Problem is, it looks like everyone has breakaway speed.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:49 AM   #4
Rookie

Agility plays a huge role..... don't believe me, go run with J. Bettis fora little bit, then get charlie garner.... you should feel a huge difference at how fast garner makes cuts.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:59 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 14

Man, if only Lignum wasn't banned, then he could REALLY tell us how the speed worked... after all, his thread WAS all about breakaway speed. (imagine this emoticon banging himself in the head)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2003, 07:30 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:

fbcrzy said:
from the vids, it seems as though they have improved the breakaway speed. Problem is, it looks like everyone has breakaway speed.

I think that the vids show plays from rookie level, that's why every user's players have breakaway speed. It was the same in 2K3 but when you adjust the pursuit slider higher, it looks quite realistic.
I mean I hope the vids are in rookie level!!! Because Brian Finneran in real NFL will never outrun all the 49 ers defense like in the vid!
Old 07-31-2003, 04:16 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

I tend to agree fb. I find the draft fun to look at and execute, but the players that are generated here are always awful. I hate having to pay $3m for a damned rookie Center rated in the low 60s just because there is nobody else available out there.

I would like to see ratings directly reflect performance on the field. I get so sick of my WRs getting chased down from 50 yards away by DTs that have speed ratings 20 and even 30 points slower than my guy. Fingers crossed that Sega fixed it this year.
Old 07-31-2003, 05:23 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

I think some of you guys need to discover the game has sliders. With that said you shouldn't be crying about anything. If you think your players don't have enough break away speed then adjust the freakin pursuit slider. If your reciever is catching too much or not enough adjust the freakin slider. They were added to keep you from crying about this stuff.

If you used the sliders you wouldn't be starting this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »