Home

2k3 doesn't feel right...ESPN a rental for me?

This is a discussion on 2k3 doesn't feel right...ESPN a rental for me? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-01-2003, 07:34 AM   #9
OFFLINE USER deal with it

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: 2k3 doesn\'t feel right...ESPN a rental for me?

unfortunately it affects both user and cpu.......though this years game will have separate sliders
Old 08-01-2003, 11:20 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

TheDeadlyOne said:
Thank you for those unsolicited comments Mizer First time I seen you here my friend

What's so funny about my comments? They were supposed to illustrate how much harder the passing game is in 2k3 than in anything he may be used to.

Or are you just forcing yourself to laugh to keep yourself from crying about my mighty Eagles continuing their playoff run, while your lowly Redskins are out playing golf?
Old 08-01-2003, 12:01 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

steph said:
are you sure that sliders doesn't reduce or improve both user and CPU players ability ??
For example it looks like coverage slider impacts my coverage and passing slider impacts the CPU passing.
Did you come to these statements from your own experience or is it official stuff from VC ? Cause if I could know the real impact of the sliders it will be easier to adjust them. I can't figure out what's the real impact of each sliders from my testing.

Yes it's from VC. The Sliders are explained in detail in the PDF manual Sega provided on it's segasports website.

CLICK HERE TO GET 2K3'S PDF MANUAL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2003, 12:15 PM   #12
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

sportsgeist said:
Quote:

steph said:
are you sure that sliders doesn't reduce or improve both user and CPU players ability ??
For example it looks like coverage slider impacts my coverage and passing slider impacts the CPU passing.
Did you come to these statements from your own experience or is it official stuff from VC ? Cause if I could know the real impact of the sliders it will be easier to adjust them. I can't figure out what's the real impact of each sliders from my testing.

Yes it's from VC. The Sliders are explained in detail in the PDF manual Sega provided on it's segasports website.

ya know, that manual opened up the game alo for me after learning all that new stuff. Sega either needs to make a thicker more detailed black and white book or have a detailed toturial on the game. Cause you could'nt have enjoyed that game until you learned all that was needed to learn.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:15 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

iwilson6 said:
The passing game is just so much harder than Madden. That might be a good thing, I'm not complaining. The game is beautiful though, so I feel like I'll be missing something if I don't get ESPN.

That quote says it all. "..the passing game is just so much harder than Madden...".
Old 08-01-2003, 09:25 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 21

IWilson, the biggest thing to learn about the passing game, IMO, is you need to learn to get rid of the ball when the QB completes his 3 or 5 step drop. Once you get the timing down, it's hard to go back to an EA game where you can hang out in the pocket much longer and wait for someone to get open.
Old 08-02-2003, 02:22 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

Graphik said:
Quote:

sportsgeist said:
Quote:

steph said:

ya know, that manual opened up the game alo for me after learning all that new stuff. Sega either needs to make a thicker more detailed black and white book or have a detailed toturial on the game. Cause you could'nt have enjoyed that game until you learned all that was needed to learn.

VC put a tutorial mode in ESPN so they got you covered. That way they don't have to worry about trying to figure out what to put in the manual and what to leave out and include in a PDF manual.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2003, 10:32 AM   #16
Rookie

iwilson6's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm starting to get things figured out. My first games I was scoring only 7, 3, 7, 0 points. My last game I scored 31! The Raider's playbook is all about quick passes, so it will just take some time.

I love the running game!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »